Our client, a successful financial services company in the southern suburbs is looking for a well organised, accurate and detail-orientated individual to join their Cape Town accounting team.
Our client offers a comprehensive range of accounting, tax, business advisory and secretarial services to individuals, partnerships, trusts, close corporations and companies.
Roles and responsibilities
Your main duties will include but are not limited to:
– General finance functions including creditors, debtors, inventory, tax, bank and account reconciliations.
– VAT returns, monthly returns and reporting.
– Monthly management accounts.
– Monthly payroll processing, bi-annual filings and IPR5 EMP501 submissions for clients.
– Maintain and build relationships with client base.
– High attention to detail
– Team player with the ability to work independently
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Excellent analytic, numerical and problem-solving abilities
– Respect for confidentiality
– Able to meet deadlines and be innovative in a highly pressurized environment
– Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
– Ability to work under pressure
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience
– Grade 12 or equivalent
– Tertiary level financial qualification is advantageous
– Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a Monthly or Accounting Department
– Knowledge on or exposure to fundamental accounting practices such as VAT, IRP5, EasyFile and management accounts is vital
– Knowledge on or exposure to accounting systems is vital
– Knowledge and experience working with payroll systems is vital (Xero is advantageous)
– Good communication skills and customer service orientated
– Excellent computer skills – MS Excel, Word, Outlook
– Clear criminal and ITC record
– Hybrid work model
– Company contribution to Provident Fund
– Opportunity to register with SAIPA – all membership fees paid by the firm
– Exposure to latest industry technologies and standards