Our client, a boutique financial firm in the Southern Suburbs, is looking to hire an Accounting Assistant to assist the Management Accountant with the fees/commissions process for the Financial Advisers (Wealth Managers) within the business.
- Liaison with service providers to obtain commission statements.
- Analysing fee statements to match with client, policy and Wealth Manager.
- Calculate fee sharing on policy level.
- Capturing all information in Excel sheets and Commpay
- Reports on fees, income and splits to Management Accountant.
- Identify errors and be able to fix
- Identify and address account discrepancies.
- Maintain the commissions bank reconciliation.
- Reconciliation of customer accounts
- Proven experience in the financial planning and wealth management industry of at least 3-5 years
- Knowledge of various financial products and service provider fees and commissions
- Previous experience in the administration of fees and commissions for Financial Advisers/Planners/Wealth Managers
- Suitable tertiary qualification advantageous (not a necessity)
- XPlan or other industry related packages (Commpay and XPlan a definite advantage)
Personal profile and competencies
- Strong numerical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Planning, organising and high attention to detail
- Ability to work very well in a team
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Ability to take own initiative