Opportunity to join a leading Global Corporate Finance Team. Ideally suited to a candidate who has an Audit background, perhaps with some Transaction Services experience who would like to mix it up with M&A advisory.
On the M&A side- you will have the opportunity to develop your skills and work directly with our Directors, for a large variety of businesses in the Thames Valley and beyond looking to buy or sell businesses, raise Equity and Debt or advising management teams on an MBO
On the Transaction Services side- you will be responsible for and working with our Directors, dealing with Corporate and Private Equity clients on Financial Due Diligence assignments.
The role is often client-facing, involves negotiating and communicating to senior levels, both internal and external, with the ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
* You will support the Directors in all aspects of advisory/transaction services work
* Assist in the project management of a transaction process throughout and ensure the day-to-day requirements of a deal process are being fulfilled.
* Identify key issues impacting transactions at an early stage and be able to plan numerous outcomes and present solutions to the client.
* Have some understanding of typical deal structures involving financial buyers or trader buyers and of common issues that arise.
* Possess exceptional interpersonal skills required for regular client and contact liaison throughout deal processes, managing legal advisors and other specialist advisors.
* Undertake detailed research on companies and associated sectors, analysing trends, opportunities, potential transactions and potential investors/buyers.
* Possess strong writing skills in order to learn or prepare information Memorandums, business plans and Funding packs/documentation
* Able to model integrated operating financial models, funding models (including the appropriate equity/debt funding overlays) and financial models suitable for the appraisal of investment opportunities or buyouts.
* Actively participate in practice development activities.
Skills & Attributes:
* You will hold an accounting qualification with 3+ years of Audit or Accounting experience.
* Some Transactional Services or M&A experience preferable but not not necessarily critical.
* Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to identify problems and make contribution to solutions
* Be well versed with Excel and strong financial modelling skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Team player, with a motivated and positive relationship building attitude.
* Self-motivated with capability to prioritise work.