Our client in the Technology industry is recruiting for a Financial Manager to be based in the Century City area. The successful applicant will need to be responsible for managing the accounting, reporting, and budgeting functions of Company. Responsibilities will include the development and maintenance of the relevant and necessary internal processes and controls that will be approved by the board for the safeguarding of assets.
The financial manager would need to process all entries in the accounting records to accurately capture all transactions. In addition to this, the financial manager will assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts and will report any, and all, relevant financial information on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to assist in the running of the company.
• Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all the statutory requirements are met, including Income Tax, Value Added Tax, Pay as You Earn (PAYE) with relevant governing bodies (SARS, CIPC, etc.).
• Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the Board’s Audit Committee and the external auditors as necessary.
• Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions (including office projects).
• Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
• Oversee the bookkeeping function, including maintenance of accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
• Reconcile bank, debtors and creditors accounts, and all other balance sheet accounts.
• Review monthly results, implement and maintain monthly variance reporting.
• Record the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation.
• Manage the acquisition of assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortised, and disposed of as appropriate.
• Assist the Executive Director and the Board with financial reporting as required at Board meetings and Annual General Meetings.
• Assist with the negotiation and management of the group cover and benefits plans.
• Process and submit statutory and benefits remittances on time in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Follow guidelines for budget and forecast preparation and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the board/finance committee.
• Ensure that accurate and timely financial statements are prepared in accordance with contract agreements.
• Make relevant suggestions to maximise income where possible and appropriate.
• Liaise with the Bank for lines of credit or other financial services as required and appropriate.
• Utilise the accounting system to the best of its capabilities and make suggestions for the enhancement thereof.
• Any other duties that may be lawfully requested by the CEO/CFO
BCom Financial Accounting/BCom Financial Management
Minimum 7-10 years’ work experience