The Financial Accountant is responsible for the full accounting function and related activities for South Africa and nearby countries and ensures that all reporting is in line with the timetable, group policy and local regulations.
With multiple experiences in financial accounting, the Financial Accountant has strong software knowledge and is detail orientated. The Financial Accountant will have good communication links with the Financial Controller and Accounts Assistants in order to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
The ideal candidate will also be up to date with current regulations affecting the industry and effects upon the company, is knowledgeable about company procedures and compliance issues.
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts within group deadlines;
- Daily, weekly and monthly reports to holding company in UK;
- Managing cash and banking including local and foreign payments;
- Managing financial aspects of fixed assets;
- Management of debtors and creditors;
- Assisting auditors with interim and final audits;
- Compilation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS;
- Ensuring statutory compliance (PAYE, VAT, IT and WCA);
- Payroll preparation and assistance; and
- Other ad-hoc tasks and reporting associated with role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Thorough knowledge Payroll
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- 5 years experience with SAIPA and/or CIMA registration
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate well with all both verbally and in writing
- High degree of accuracy
- Self-starter, enthusiastic about the business who can support the commercial and operational leads within a prescribed control environment
- Valid driver’s licence