Our client is looking for an Institutional Client Manager. This role requires an individual who can credibly represent the firm in interactions with institutional investment consultants and clients.
Primary Job Functions:
* Take responsibility for an assigned group of institutional client and consultants. Deal timeously and professionally with client queries.
* Provide in-office support to institutional client facing personnel and report on all relevant client matters.
* Coordinator client interactions , including report backs ,due diligence reviews and other relevant communication. Attend client meetings where appropriate.
* Review and quality control of tender and due diligence questionnaire submissions.
* Work with appropriate marketing and presentation team colleagues to build and improve our sales documents and presentations
* Build strong client relationships at appropriate levels to ensure effective communication.
* Maintain client database to strict minimum standards. Capture and store client documents correctly
* Check take-ons and transitions:
* Ensure that relevant information is communicated timeously with administration and investment teams>
* Draft and implement Investment Management Agreements and mandates, following internal sign off processes.
* Develop and maintain client reports that may include competitor information, identify mandates at risk or new business opportunities.
* Manage ad-hoc team projects, including periodic mandate investigations.
* Act as team representative on certain company-wide projects.
* Draft quarterly investment commentary and finalise with portfolio managers for assigned mandate types.
Customise appropriately for specific clients
* Provide clients with customised reporting where required.
* Present to select clients on business and investment related matters. This function may develop over a period.
Basic job requirements
* An appropriate tertiary education with a good understanding of investments markets.
* At least 5 years experience in asset management/financial service industry.
* Good understanding of investment management concepts, including investment philosophy, process, and products.
* Passion for exceptional client service.
* Strong relationship management and networking skills.
* Client servicing experience in the asset management or investment consulting area is preferred.
* An ability to communicate in a simple and concise manner with colleagues and clients, both in oral and written form.
* A team player who relates well to colleagues and clients.