Our client has a vacancy for an Investment Compliance Analyst to provide key investment compliance monitoring expertise to a niche compliance team supporting a diversified financial service offering including Investment Management, Fund Services, Wealth management and Retirement Fund solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for compliance with the requirements of REG28, REG30, LTIA, CISCA etc. Responsibility includes monitoring compliance, documenting findings and reporting findings to management.
- Key responsibility for all Investment Compliance Monitoring which will require knowledge of:
- Collective Investment Schemes Act: Board Notice 90 of 2014, Board Notice 92 of 2014, Board Notice 257 of 2013 (foreign collective investment due diligence), Board Notice 52 of 2015 Hedge Funds), Risk Management Programs for unlisted securities and exchanges not part of the World Federation of Exchanges.
- Pension Fund Act: Regulation 28 (monitoring, issuing certificates & Schedule IBs)
- Medical Aid Schemes Act: Regulation 30 (monitoring and issuing certificates)
- Long Term Insurance Act: Regulation 2.2
- UCITS preferred
- Segregated Mandate Compliance
- ASISA Standards & Guidelines
- Offshore fund exposure also preferred e.g. Namibia Regulation 28, Namibia Unit Trust Control Act
- Regulation 28 analysis and reporting
- Assisting with ASISA & FSB quarterly reporting
- Investigating breaches from the Trustees
- Interpretation of legislation, standards and Client Mandates. Coding of rules in compliance systems
- Responsibility for liaison with Regulators
- Compliance Static Data Management
- Pre-and post-trade breach analysis on relevant compliance systems. Breach resolution via liaison with portfolio managers.
- Takes responsibility for own training
- A minimum of 4 – 6 years’ experience in the Investment Compliance gained from an Asset Management/related environment and strong interest in continuing a career in Investment Compliance
- Sound understanding and exposure to the various applicable legislations including, but not limited to, CISCA, Reg 28, Long Term Insurance Act, UCITS and Medical Aid Schemes Act
- Ideally some Hedge fund knowledge as ad added advantage, specifically knowledge of BN52