Our client, a global investment management company, is looking to hire an Investor Services Supervisor.
Purpose of job
The Transfer Agency & Investor Services Team is responsible for the accurate maintenance of all Shareholder Registers for open ended funds administered by the company. Tasks include the following:
- the timely and accurate capturing, execution and settlement of all investor subscription, redemption and switch transactions
- the correct execution of all share/unit transfers
- the calculation of trail, rebate and introductory commission calculations and payments
- the calculation and payment of all income distributions, side pocket and liquidating fund redemptions & distributions
- the performance of full reconciliation processes and managing Client Money within regulatory guidelines
- the accurate maintenance and monitoring of all shareholder data including customer due diligence and know your customer information retention
- the preparation of the relevant investor reporting files to SARS
- the production of MI reporting as requested
- performing a customer service role in shareholder query resolution, Manager and investor related query resolution and reporting.
The team operates under the strict guidelines and parameters of the team operations manuals, the relevant funds’ scheme particulars and all other relevant Group, Regulatory or Statutory guidelines. The team operates within an approved operating model and framework.
This role will originally be focussed on setting up the South African Investor Services function within the company, with the following main focus areas:
- Data migration management and checking in order to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Understanding the system
- Day-to-day dealing and management functions in respect of South African domestic funds
- Setting up of processes, related documentation and embedding these in the operational model
- Training of other team members on the processes
Once the initial phases of setting up the function, the Specialist will be responsible for the checking and monitoring of the workflow from the dealing administrators. They will continually monitor deadlines and ensure the dealing administrators deliver work within agreed parameters with sufficient time for the checking and verification processes to be undertaken prior to fixed deadline cut offs. They will be directly responsible for the quality control, adherence to Scheme Particulars and SLAs and outperformance of operational deadlines and client service delivery.
- 3 – 5 years relevant financial services experience
- Experience in a Transfer Agency or Investor Services role at a supervisor or manager level
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Ability to work within pre-determined deadlines and prioritising workloads whilst working under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent line management skills
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Ensure the timely, complete and accurate migration of all investor data from the previous to the current Administrator
- Understanding the TA system and building the relevant processes and controls in order to perform daily operational processes.
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation of all processes
- Ensure the take-on and establishment of new accounts occurs in a timely manner and that they are completed within the prescribed AML, KYC and CDD procedures
- Ensure that the database and underlying KYC is accurate and up to date. This includes assisting in projects to obtain missing KYC and CDD data where instructed to.
- Ensure accurate input, maintenance and control of the client core static data in the system in line with departmental procedures, ensuring it is successfully second released and checked.
- Ensure accurate acknowledgment of all updates to the client account static data.
- Process and quality check Investors Transfer instructions within agreed turnaround times and retain records of outstanding or missing transfer information.
- Provide information for the internal and external reporting in accordance with relevant Service Level Agreements, direct requests from clients or other parties.
- Act as the main contact point for clients and fund managers for all registration related queries and issues.
- Ensure the accurate control, input and monitoring of all client dealing instructions and the Finswitch upload in line with operational procedures
- Ensure the respective fax / email boxes are reviewed regularly to ensure correct execution of deals and queries.
- Ensure timely delivery of deals to authorised signatories for checking and verification prior to running the dealing days
- Processing of dealing days in accordance with operational procedures and SLAs and contractual obligations
- Timely, accurate and complete processing of income distributions
- Timely, accurate and complete processing of investor reporting to SARS
- Reconciliation production and checking processes
- Instructing the share dealing related cash movements to the relevant custodians
- Timely dispatch of contract notes within regulatory requirements ensuring all requirements are fulfilled.
- Production of report collation for the calculation and verification of trail commission, rebates and cash management processes.
- Support of bulk mail and times operational projects
- Production and administration of payment processes
- Ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to and ensuring efficient and prompt query resolution
- Actively participate in team initiatives such as procedure documentation and system testing
- To continually monitor deadlines and ensure work is delivered within agreed deadlines.
- Be responsible for the thorough checking and authorisation of all transactions prior to and subsequent to dealing day processing and execution of any reconciliation functions, payment and redemption proceeds payments.
- Respond in a timely manner to all investigation work as instigated either by the client, intermediary, agent or underlying investor.
- Participate in the enhancement of operational procedures.
- Participate in the support, training and development of all personnel across the team and generate a culture of teamwork.
- They will apply their knowledge and abilities to the areas that require assistance and checking level support.
- Actively participate in the direction of the team through the operations forum.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of the respective dealing operations manuals and operational / system changes.
- Participation in project work.
- Ensure adherence to the company risk reduction process and the TCF policy