Our client is looking to hire a Manager to join their Alternative Asset Services team and to cover financial reporting obligations to support the growing private debt and capital markets team.
- Joint responsibility for assisting in the development of the Private Debt and Capital Market Teams in Cape Town and for the day-to-day financial reporting and management of portfolios of clients across these teams;
- Assisting in the Management of specialised services teams on all aspects of financial reporting, including working directly with customers to ensure their structures are run efficiently in compliance with the relevant laws and contractual obligations, and being involved with the management team to strategically build the Debt business;
- Working with the management team and Directors to ensure the planning, coordination and completion of NAVs, Management Reporting and Statutory Reporting of the structures to ensure the team complies with all of its accounting and regulatory obligations;
- Ensuring quality control prior to the further review and approval of the company’s authorised persons including payments, calculations and transactions;
- Preparation and implementation of entity customer specific procedures in relation to the reporting requirements;
- Ensuring reporting complies with entity and statutory requirements including local law, relevant GAAP, including IFRS and other reporting principles;
- Development and maintenance of divisional and departmental policies and procedures;
- Ensuring that all day-to-day matters required to be completed are performed in a timely and satisfactory manner including monitoring tasks and delegating these across the relevant managers team;
- Support the implementation of new structures;
- Act as primary point of contact with auditors in respect of the planning and coordination of the audits;
- Be able to provide sound, quality, and technical guidance to clients;
- Assist with the training of junior staff;
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the strategic development of the client team including client meetings, new business pitches and new business proposals.
The ideal candidate will have a CA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent and ideally three to four years’ experience in a similar relevant capability in the finance industry. In addition they must have an understanding of regulatory and financial reporting regime and IFRS and have the ability to motivate and influence a team with strong managerial skills.