Our client, a leading Investment Manager, is looking to hire a Middle Office Support candidate to provide operational support to the Investment team, Analysts and Portfolio Managers. The role will cover areas like fund/client take on, implementation and support of the front office solution ThinkFolio. This is a critical role supporting the investment operations team.
Funds/client take on and take off
- Asset set-up
- Check accruals, rates, spread, APS, listing requirements, rating etc.
- Preparing instructions to administrator (manage take-on process)
- Liaise with Compliance regarding mandate of take-on
- Liaising with Client’s administrator and administrator – to ensure smooth take on
- Calculating off market take off’s/on nominal’s and values
- Assist with Legal to on-board client onto ISDA to ensure Client can trade swaps
Front Office Solution/thinkFolio
- Part of the project team tasked with the implementation of a Front Office solution/thinkFolio across the investment team
- Support person responsible for loading funds and assets into AIM
- Assist in testing of Front Office solution/thinkFolio when implemented
- System maintenance once operational
- Daily reconciliation between thinkFolio and back office system
- New FI assets on Eagle and Front Office solution – ensuring setup is correct
- Ensure existing set-up is correct
- Significant experience for setting up ring-fenced structured assets that FI team have not bought
- Static data maintenance of all assets
- Structured note set-up
- Maintain /updating manual excel sheets structured notes
- Ensuring pricing of eagle assets is correct as MTM on JSE may be incorrect.
- Liaise with JSE to correct MTM
- Ensure FI trades MTM are correct on JSE
- Assisting FI desk ensuring trade settlement between counter party and administrator.
- FI Team liaison with administrator
- Ensuring everything is received (Operationally) from the client in order to onboard new client.
- Facilitating, monitoring and validation of the end-to-end process of all client investments, disinvestments and asset transfer
- Point of contact for the client and administrator once mandate is signed – ensuring client onboarding is smooth.
- Following up with client or client administrator – with regard to fund take on and take off’s
- Assist clients with special reporting requirements – where applicable
- Assist with mandates from a compliance point of view
Asset pricing and asset knowledge
- Understand and be able to price all interest-bearing assets
- Understand and be able to price interest bearing derivatives
- Know variables that are needed to price assets and maintain correct set-up in Admin system
- Preparation and maintenance of procedure documentation
- Improve processes, reduce risk and increase operational efficiencies
- Required experience in Pricing and Valuations, Asset Management Middle/Front Office support is essential, minimum 5 years’ experience
- Knowledge of Financial Services Industry
- Knowledge of thinkFolio together with knowledge of back office systems required
- Knowledge of Regulations an advantage
- University Degree (Finance/Maths/Stats/Business Science)
- Postgraduate and/or CFA studies preferred
- Programming a strong advantage