This Operations Manager role will lead and manage the administration and client services teams of a leading investment management firm.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure high levels of client service and operational delivery, as well as to manage financial losses by ensuring correctness and accuracy of flow of information.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Oversee capacity planning and resource allocation including leave management
- Monitoring and measuring production schedules and monthly deliverables within the teams. Managing the teams processing of daily transactions in an accurate and timeous manner within the given deadlines
- Responsible for leading and guiding the Team Leader as well as direct people management of some areas of the Administration and Client Service area.
- The Operations Manager is responsible for the overall delivery of all these functions within the administration team
- Providing direction to the team regarding deliverables and the management of KPA’s
- Ensuring staff are trained and able to perform in the role
- Assist with the recruitment and retention of A players in the Transfer Agency and Life Administration environments.
- Assist in the evaluation of staff performance on a regular basis, informally and during formal reviews and provide effective performance feedback to staff
- Ensure strong day to day management, ongoing cross training and development of people in the team.
- Enhance and establish processes that promote a healthy team culture and supportive of a client centric work environment
- Implement measures to reduce risks and errors in the teams
- Oversee and contribute to business planning requirements
- Develop and uphold operations policies and procedures
- Handling escalated queries and day-to-day problem-solving dealing with queries efficiently to ensure resolution of both internal and external client queries (in conjunction with the Client Delivery team)
- Build and maintain healthy client and counterparty relationships to ensure resolution of settlement issues identified
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Min 5 – 8 years in a leadership role – Involved in leading and driving operational/client service teams to success within the Unit Trust/MANCO/LISP industry
- Strong understanding of the MANCO operational environment
- Individual will need to have strong leadership ability and influencing skills
- Related Financial/Investment/Commercial qualification