The estimator will compile detailed estimates for project costing prior to tender submission, and will price and procure project requirements as per project plan.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
Duties and responsibilities
• Analysis of tender, drawings, and compilation of a Bill of Quantities for each project
• Analysis of Terms and conditions of tenders
• Breakdown drawings into requirements
• Formulate Bill of Quantities
• Price all required materials, services and equipment
• Obtain quotations from subcontractors
• Place orders for all project requirements
• Ensure that all requirements are available for use as per the project plan
Qualifications, experience and competencies required
• Engineering training with N6 or S3 Mechanical Engineering or a Procurement / Logistics Diploma.
• More than five years’ experience in Marine Engineering procurement environment.
• Computer literacy.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to work in a highly pressurised environment
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.