The Project Operations Manager – Tax Services is responsible for leading and developing our Tax team to ensure effective and efficient client service. Acting as a cultural custodian and subject matter expert in FATCA-CRS and Withholding Tax in particular, the Project Operations Manager – Tax Services plans the team’s activity to ensure that reporting is delivered on time by a happy and productive team.
- Recruit and retain productive staff who adapt well to the clients culture.
- Monitor and maximize the productivity of all Tax Team staff.
- Ensure that all staff are working within the specified processes.
- Interact with clients, lawyers, investors, and administrators effectively and professionally.
- Work with the Operations Director to identify and support the productivity and training needs of colleagues and, occasionally, clients within agreed timescales.
- Actively encourage a culture of continuous improvement through new ideas.
- Clearly own the local delivery of our services in the view of clients and your team members.
- Ensure that all FATCA-CRS and Withholding Tax activity is undertaken within a systemized and defined process.
- Continuously improve the efficiency, control, and timeliness of our delivery.
- Act as the central point of contact for all procedural and subject matter questions relating to the Tax services.
- Deputize for the Group Operations Director in their absence.
- Scope the annual delivery of the FATCA service as a project involving all relevant stakeholders
- Develop an appropriately detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure performance using appropriate project management tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Create and maintain appropriate project records.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Maximize the use of technology in all operational processes in order to control risk and improve efficiency.
- Understand the system design and how it is applied.
- Suggest technology improvements in pursuit of efficiency.
- Act as the central point of contact for TIDR process maps and guides relating to the Tax services.
The successful candidate will have:
- Chartered Tax Advisor exams completed or in substantial progress
- Project Management qualifications such as PRINCE 2
Will also expect:
- Minimal task backlog
- Team Utilisation at or above target
- Reporting delivered consistently, accurately and on time
- Pro-active client contact with demonstrable expertise
- Continuously improving systems and processes that are understood by all staff
We are one, global team who live by our culture and demonstrate The clients values in everything we do. We hire people that show:
- An ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Proactivity in suggesting processes & system improvements to maximize efficiency
- The ability to take initiative and are approachable with staff
- Excellent communicating, self-starting & capability of working with light supervision
- Confidence in maintaining strong relationships with management, ensuring discretion is always adhered to