Our client in the Investment industry is looking to recruit a Risk and Compliance Analyst to join their small team
Main purpose: To contribute to the development of new risk management techniques and the improvement of processes, as well as integrate subject matter and industry expertise within the Fund. To influence decisions through risk and compliance risk management.
- Participate in the application of risk and compliance policies and tools;
- Contribute to risk assessments and drive actions to address the root cause;
- Facilitate information risk, market risk and operational risk control self-assessments;
- Challenge both historical and proposed practices with the aim of driving efficacy and improvements;
- Provide governance and oversight within defined areas;
- Facilitate training on risk and compliance topics;
- Ensure the Fund is in compliance with all laws, rules and regulations that are applicable to the Fund;
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to senior stakeholders and/or other teams w.r.t. risk management and compliance;
- Operational due diligence analysis;
- Second line assurance; and
- Perform ad-hoc tasks delegated by line manager.
Candidates should be fully proficient in English. Candidates should possess good communication skills, both written and verbally. Diplomacy skills (tactful). Ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision (after 6 months of occupying the role). Analytical skills and advanced Excel skills. Ability to exercise independence of judgement and autonomy. Should be able to apply sound ethical judgement regarding personal behaviour, conduct, and business practices. Escalate, manage, and report control issues with transparency.
Education & Experience: BCom or LLB degree. Minimum 7 years financial services risk and compliance experience in the banking, or insurance, or pension fund industry. Performing risk assessments and privacy impact assessments. Exposure to regulatory bodies (SARB, FSCA). Deep dives and assurance reviews. Training facilitation. Risk reporting (including risk events, and dashboards). Market risk, information risk and operational risk experience. Due diligence. Performed a risk role in terms of the second line of defence.