A leading investment firm is looking to hire a Team Leader to ensure exceptional delivery to the client through effective team leadership and people engagement in the Trade Management/Settlements team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Team leadership of Subject Matter Expert as well as Trade Management Administrators across On and Off-Market areas
o Assistance with recruitment activities as well as ongoing performance management and development of staff members in your team.
o Provide oversight to team deliverables and ensure the team is adequately staffed and trained
- Overseeing the capturing / processing, matching and settlement of all on-market and off-market trades to the accounting system timeously
- Ensure trades are matched between client notification and counterparty confirmation
- Handling escalated queries efficiently to ensure resolution of both internal and external client queries (in conjunction with the Client Delivery and Client services teams)
- Compiling of incident reports and representation of the team at Incident Report meetings.
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place to mitigate risk
- Supporting the management and co-ordination of team deliverables relating to projects and new client take-on’s
- Compile a monthly report pack of the Operational area.
- Ensure process documents are maintained and up to date.
Relevant experience of at least 5 years in a related role is essential. Strong understanding of the trade management/settlements environment with exposure to both On and Off-Market areas.
Previous people management and leadership experience essential
Relevant Tertiary Qualification – Finance, Commerce, Investments
- Highly methodical
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- A positive, team player
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Client orientated and able to see the bigger picture
Relevant exposure to Investment reporting systems.
Solid Excel skills – ability to perform a Vlookup and /or apply Pivot Tables