Our client, a boutique hedge fund and traditional investment management firm based in Stellenbosch is looking to employ a Trainee Investment Analyst.
To assist the portfolio managers in:
* Ad hoc tasks to optimise the portfolio manager’s time
* Portfolio cash management
* Trade cycle management and implementation including pre and post trade compliance.
* Portfolio risk measurement, monitoring and reporting
* Portfolio performance measurement, monitoring and reporting.
* Maintaining and developing credit and equity analysis models.
* Maintaining and developing interest rate and inflation models.
* Liaising with outsourced administration providers.
* Compilation of accounting and audit information.
Candidates are expected to have:
* An unquenchable questioning nature.
* A highly analytical mind
* Excellent numeracy skills
* A resilient disposition
* A can-do attitude
* Client focused
* Performance driven
* Independent thinking
* Absolutely accountable
* Committed to a long term career
* An Honours/ Masters degree in a relevant investment field.
* Experience in data modelling using Python and SQL a definite advantage.