A financial services company based in Century City is seeking the expertise of a Fund Accountant to join their Traditional Funds team. The ideal candidate will have a relevant B.Com Accounting/Finance degree and up to two years fund accounting experience.
LATEST JOB LISTINGS
A global technology company within the travel industry based in Irene, Centurion is looking for the expertise of a Management Accountant to join their expanding team.
Budgeting and Forecasting
Improve and produce month-end management reporting
Driving the financial business partnering activities
Providing financial advice and management information to executive and operational managers.
Providing the FC and finance team with financial accounting support as required
Various project work as required.
Management Accounting qualification
You will have prior experience in influencing management, presenting financial information to non-finance stake-holders and have core management accounting experience.
Excellent Excel capability is essential.
Brilliant communication ability with a passion to provide a great service to internal stake-holders.
Acts as an example of what a great team player is.
A multi national technology company based in Irene, Centurion is looking for a Systems Accountant to perform the functional management of all the financial systems, including the SAP accounting system and any other financial systems, and in particular the alignment and interfaces with all of the operational systems including the bespoke booking system (TGRS)
To ensure the integrity of all the numbers in the accounts system, through confirming the completeness and accuracy of all numbers which come into the accounts system from operational systems
To manage the change to debtors accounting and reporting, including the data transfer of historic transactions, to enable full debtor reporting and management to be channelled through SAP with balances reconciled to TGRS.
Enhancing the transfer of data from TGRS to SAP and ensuring financial and accounting implications of any changes to TGRS have been considered and addressed.
To effectively manage all the financial recording aspects of the direct cash process, where collects payments from B2C customers at booking, including identifying any exceptions identified in the file reconciliation.
To assist with the development of the functionality of the working capital systems e.g. on e-mailing partner remittances and customer statements, producing accurate aged debt and aged creditor reports and providing additional reporting as necessary
To assist with the implementation and integration of new financial systems e.g. Purchase Order system
To ensure that all reports from the accounts system are complete and accurate, and picking up the correct numbers including improving and updating the Vision monthly reporting suite as appropriate
To assist with the set up and appropriate usage of cost centres within SAP and updating existing reports to show this further analysis
To cold review the use of analysis subset codes in SAP and ensure they are being utilised in the best way for the business
To identify opportunities for improvements or automation of finance processes through further enhancing the use of IT systems available
To ensure that all of the linkages between different sub and main ledgers within SAP are operating correctly
To provide all information requested from SAP by internal or external auditors, and address any financial systems recommendations from the external auditors, including actions required to improve financial controls or ease of auditing.
To design and lead the training of all finance staff on how to use SAP most effectively, and also to design and lead the training of non-finance users on the elements that they need to use e.g. how to enter and approve a purchase order etc.
To be the “go to” person for all members of the finance and IT teams and the business users on any functional questions about the financial systems
To ensure that all issues with the financial systems are reported promptly to IT for logging and to follow up on unactioned tickets
To work closely with the Financial Controller in planning the resource for and executing testing required on changes to the SAP and TGRS
To manage and identify any available SAP upgrades
To implement changes which need to be made to the security and access to SAP, to ensure effective financial controls through proper segregation of duties, including the workflows for approving purchase orders
To support the Financial Controller on all ad hoc work and projects relating to the financial systems.
A well known Global Fund Administration and Advisory company seeks an Operations Manager. The successful applicant requires extensive experience acquired over a minimum of 10 years in CIS fund administration having held senior management positions in operational roles for a minimum of 5 years. Retirement and Life product knowledge is also required.
Position will involve:
Overall responsibility, accountability and oversight of all operational activities, covering a range of collective investment funds(UT) and Retirement and Life products.
Work with the Global Head of Product and regional senior leaders to implement the global operating strategy for the company’s Transfer Agency product. This would include the conceptualisation and implementation of improvements through a co-ordinated effort with the project office and technology teams.
Work with the Global Head of Product and regional senior leaders to implement an optimum global administration service platform, implementing efficiencies through increased automation and global synergies across the various locations.
Implement a common operational quality control framework in line with each of the product and regulatory requirements.
Deliver high standards of service quality to clients in accordance with agreed external and internal Service Level Agreements in order for the teams that have end to end responsibility to act in a consistent and co-ordinated fashion across the firm.
Take operational responsibility of the product and actively support the Global Head of Transfer Agency and the other Product Heads to develop consistent approaches, policies, processes etc. across the range of IC Products.
Lead the day-to-day management of the BAU unit trust and retirement life operations team providing the various managers and team leaders with direction and support.
A multi management company based in the northern suburbs of Cape Town is looking for a bright B.Com Finance/Investments Graduate and/or an experienced Portfolio Administrator with 1-2 years experience within a similar role.
- Managing and controlling all transactions processed between relevant parties namely, LISP, investment administrator, investment manager and underlying fund manager.
- Set-up and maintenance of Trading instructions, input and send authorised trade instructions on behalf of the investment manager.
- Monitor and check execution of trade instructions via the pricing administrator
- Monthly monitoring of portfolio positions provided by LISP
- Confirmation that portfolios conform to latest Investment Committee mandates and all regulatory requirements
- Using Morningstar reports and Excel models to maintain a performance tracker.
- Use of the Performance tracker in multiple monthly client reports, Fund Fact Sheets, Attribution reports and Other Adhoc reporting.
- Creating and pulling graphs, tables and other information between different programs into Reporting Format.
- Analyse fee splits between respective parties and monitor rebates that have been negotiated.
- Maintaining a database of Underlying Fund Managers fees and rebates, as well as monitoring the fee split between the IFA, LISP & Investment Manager, so that all fees are justifiable to relevant parties
- Monitoring and reporting to management of the adherence or non-adherence by all appointed fund managers to the contractual obligations as defined by the investment manager agreement signed by the investment manager and the appointed fund manager.
A global tourism company based in Tokai is looking for a Financial Analyst to plan and report the capacity, utilisation and cost of the global bases in such a way that the company’s operational financial performance is constantly improved.
For each base, maintain a detailed model of its outgoings, split into fixed costs, staff costs, variable costs and one-off costs, and outline the total costs for various levels of utilisation.
Prepare each month a rolling 12-month projection for the numbers of starts, finishes and participants on base for each base in the international network, split by the main categories of the business.
Prepare for the Sales and Marketing functions each month an outline of the time periods when operational capacity is fully utilised, with a list of actions available.
Prepare each month a rolling 12-month forecast for the costs of each base, split into the main cost categories
Manage the regular collection of expenditure and balance data from the operational bases and provide detailed reports on expenditure and variance by category.
For each base, plan the bank balances and flows of funds to meet the bases’ obligations, and coordinate payments with the UK treasury function.
Prepare a monthly comparative analysis for the bases, to reveal the performance of each base year-on-year and how it compares to other bases of similar types.
Business Science, Accounting or Finance Degree.
Exceptional Excel skills.
Experience with Sage accounting software is a plus.
Salesforce experience is a plus.
Previous experience in a similar role.
An award-winning asset management company based in the southern suburbs is looking for a Unit Trust Administrator to join their team.
Capturing and approving instructions into the internal system
Ensuring that all FICA requirements are complied with
Accurate processing of client and transaction data
Managing professional client relationships via telecommunications
Attending to internal and external queries
Maintaining good internal relationships with various departments
Processing of all daily client transactions
Performing validations on incoming client instructions
Examining captured instructions for accuracy
Attending to queries from clients
Maintaining records of all interactions with clients
Uploading files and release payment
Attention to detail
+- 5 Years Collective Investment scheme experience
- providing day-to-day accounting and other services to allocated clients,
- preparing trial balances, management accounts and annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS and SA GAAP,
- follow processes and procedures, working to set quality standards and keeping to agreed turn-around times;
- ensure that client queries and/or complaints are dealt with efficiently and timeously, and escalated immediately where needed;
- develop, build and maintain sound relationships with allocated clients
- ensure the highest level of service, quality of work and support to our Corporate Clients
- manage staff performance evaluations, establish key performance criteria, and manage staff performance and disciplinary issues and processes with the assistance of the wider Corporate Clients management and Human Resources.
- Risk Management:
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining controls relevant to the position.
A financial services organisation servicing large investment companies in South Africa based in the northern suburbs is looking for an Operations Manager – Unit Trusts to execute, verify and distribute NAV calculations and distributions, controls for Local and International Units Trusts.
- Manage a NAV team
- Reviewing all daily, monthly and ad hoc work done by team
- Performing accurate and timely daily NAV calculations
- Identify, investigate and solving of NAV price movement variances
- Manual calculation of performance fees
- Processing and reconciliation of cash flows, subscriptions and redemptions
- Distribution / dissemination of daily NAV prices
- Calculation and dissemination of Income distributions and month end fees
- Timely reporting to management, clients and auditors
- Developing, training and objective setting for your team
- Ensuring that compliance with company policy and procedures, Client Service Level agreements and internal controls are followed by your team.
- Continuously evaluating processes, risks and controls in your area and implementing improvements were necessary
- Working closely alongside Project and Change teams to participate in business efficiency and new system implementation projects as required.
- Good knowledge of operations and financial environment as well as NAV experience essential
- High Attention to detail
- Very driven and motivated
- Strong problem solving skills
- Control oriented and risk aware
- Advanced understanding of Ms Office suite Fundamentals able to link them together using tools and functions to build applications/UDTs for various business related purposes an advantage.
- Good knowledge of HiPortfolio an advantage
- Accounting related degree or professional qualification an advantage but not a pre-requisite
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a manager required
Conova (PTY) LTD is a specialist financial recruitment agency based in Cape Town South Africa. We cover all sectors ranging from leading Fund Management and Financial Services companies to Manufacturing and Servicing companies.
Telephone: (021) 201-1870
2nd Floor, Protea Place
40 Dreyer Street