A vacancy exists for a Management Accountant to join a growing luxury service brand!
This position is a standalone Cape Town-based role that will report into the London office.
To provide key support for the Finance Director, with a wide ranging remit covering the company’s finance function in EMEA. The position offers incredible development opportunities as the company is undergoing rapid global expansion, recently opening several new offices across EMEA. This role will ensure
- Production of monthly Management Accounts
- All contractual and commission revenues are billed and collected
- Payroll and other operating costs are processed, understood and managed to agreed budgets
- Management reporting is accurate and timely
- Business partner to the EMEA management teams
- Statutory and management reporting
- Accounts payable & receivable and cash flow, covering B2B and B2C transactions
- Managing our financial relationships with our supplier base, helping to ensure we obtain and then collect commissions
- Reporting branch performance for monthly Group management accounts
- Support the Finance Director on budget and target setting
- Reporting and compliance with Regulatory and Tax authorities, liaison with Auditors and licensing & bonding associations
- Front line financial analysis and support for all client account management and business development
- Managing our finance processes and systems as the business grows
- Controlling financial and non-financial metrics & knowledge base.
- ACCA or CIMA qualification
- Ideally someone that has been working for a medium-large international business and preferably in a service industry with both B2B and B2C transactions
- Working knowledge of IFRS and experience in preparing external accounts
- Experience of managing Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll of up to 200 heads
- Working knowledge accounting for consumption taxes on transactions.
- Excellent IT skills, and in particular an advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience with retail merchant providers and travel industry commission systems such as Net Trans, WPS & TACS
- Experience preparing documents for and communicating with IATA and similar travel organisations
- Knowledge of the travel booking systems Amadeus, iVector and Dolphin Dynamics
- Experience communicating with the regulatory authorities and external auditors and banks and managing compliance requirements with them
- Knowledge of the accounting system Systems Union SUN 6, Info Q&A (Vision)
- Ability to develop forecasts and business plans with non-financial managers
- Experience of a global business with an understanding of transfer pricing and intercompany transactions.
- Languages: German