A financial services company based in Century City is seeking the expertise of a Fund Accountant to join their Traditional Funds team for a 6 month period. The ideal candidate will have a relevant B.Com Accounting/Finance degree and completed SAICA articles.
LATEST JOB LISTINGS
A well known financial services company based in the Northern suburbs is looking for a Snr Fund Administrator to join their team.
Reconciliation of various client stock and cash recon portfolios.
Responsible for performing reconciliation between their investment accounting and asset servicing system and the various custodians and is required to ensure the timeous resolution of recon differences.
Processing of all cash related transactions on the Investment system and other applicable systems.
Capturing/up loading third party payments on banking systems.
Daily/ Weekly/Monthly reconciliation of Stock and Cash portfolios.
Investigation and resolution of all team related breaks, ensuring these are resolved within the agreed turnaround times.
Resolution and/or escalation and follow up all non-team specific breaks as per procedure.
Compliance with company policy and procedures, client service level agreements and internal controls.
Ensuring that all relevant process documentation is kept up to date.
Ensuring that documentation is filed and easily retrievable
Ensuring that Team Leader/Manager is informed of any recon items and outstanding issues
Escalating any urgent issues to Team Leader/Manager.
Assist the Team Leader with Adhoc tasks.
Identifying possible areas of risk and escalating risks to management.
Identify processes that can be improved and/or Standardised across clients as part of your daily tasks
Assisting newer team members with training and acting as a backup when required.
- Tertiary Financial Qualification with an Accounting background and 2 year’s relevant working experience in scrip and or Cash recon.
- Focused individual who is able to execute effectively and timely.
- Individual who can use initiative, take ownership and is able to question from base principles.
- Knowledge of Financial Markets and Instruments.
- Ability to manage the risks associated with our environment.
- Planning your own outputs to meet a specified set of deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficient in MS Office suite
A well known financial services organisation based in the Northern suburbs is looking for a Business Support Team SME to focuses on supporting the business by providing operational support, HiPort training, UAT support and general assistance around operational queries/issues. The Business Support SME is an individual who has gained extensive knowledge on the business systems and processes and provides support to Operations by investigating queries regarding the system and/or process and assists the Operations teams in resolving BAU non-technical issues. They would also perform change analysis and process configuration.
- Investigate system/process queries, assist Operational teams, determine root cause and manage the rectification of the problem
- Investigate, analyse, test and implement operational process improvements
- Investigate, analyse, test and implement new system functionality
- Manage the change through the testing and implementation phases
- Perform post-implementation review
- Training of operational staff in new processes or new system functionality
- Perform testing during system upgrades
- Perform back-up duties for team members
- Relevant Tertiary qualification or recognized industry subject matter
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Sound understanding of NAV processes
- Extensive relevant working experience in Investment Administration environment
- Hiportfolio working knowledge
- Previous exposure to pControl would be preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to interact professionally with other teams and clients
- Strong team player and have the ability to work independently
- A flexible approach and the ability to work under pressure
A manufacturing company based in the northern suburbs is seeking the expertise of a Cost and Management Accountant for a temporary period (with possibility of permanency).
- Review and Maintenance BOMs
- Review and Maintenance of Machine Rates and Labour Rates
- Reporting on Production Performance and Outputs
- Reporting on Production Efficiencies
- Analysis of Production Input costs and Yield
- Studying and collecting data to determine costs linked to business activity and product cost
- Margin/Profitability Analysis
- Analysis of changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, to determine effects on cost
- Providing estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products.
- Inventory Valuation
- Analysis and Assisting in Capital Budgeting/Expenditure requests
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
- Assisting in Budget and Forecast Preparation
- Assisting with the maintenance of accurate Financial Records
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or Equivalent, with 5 years’ experience with exposure to manufacturing environment.
- Exact ERP Experience or similar package would be advantageous
- Knowledge of foreign exchange transactions
- MS office experience required
An investment administration company based in the northern suburbs is looking for a Client Relationship Manager.
- Effective management of queries, issues and client requests
- Effective negotiation, maintenance and management of Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
- Client monthly report back and management of the governance meetings (including the KPI and trends)
- Regular client interaction to build stronger relationships, ensure service levels are maintained and identify areas where the company can offer a more valued service
- Facilitate portfolio transitions i.e. take-on’s and disinvestments
- Facilitate change team with change control items
- Provide input and assist clients with new products and projects that impact on the company service delivery
- Effective Risk management
- Sound understanding of investment management industry and financial instruments, both domestic and international
- Relevant understanding of an Investment Administration environment at a Senior Operations Level – minimum of 5 years
- Relevant Accounting or Financial degree or diploma; or recognized industry subject matter expert
- High level legal and regulatory knowledge applicable to the investment management industry would be a benefit
A boutique investment company affiliated with well known South African investment organisations based in town is looking for the expertise of a seasoned Investment Analyst to guide and lead the junior Analyst team. The ideal candidate will have an Investment Honours degree, CFA level 2 , 5 – 8 years investment analysis experience and exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Very successful IT Management Consultancy is seeking a Head of Finance to join their team.
Accountable for effective operations within the Finance, Office Support and Risk functions.
- providing guidance, coaching and strategic leadership to the Finance and Office Support functions
- coordinating operational and delivery risk management
- Provide commercial support
- Rate negotiations, project pricing, due diligence processes
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Relationship management
In order to apply you need to be a CA (SA)/BCom Hons + 10 years experience ideally n a Business or IT Consulting environment.
EE candidates will be given preference.
Very reputable Wealth Management company based in the Southern Suburbs is seeking a Corporate Solutions Specialist to join their team. The role would include:
- Servicing an existing client base
- Securing new business
- Provide accurate advise in terms of Corporate Solutions
- Management reporting
To apply you need 5 to 10 years experience, proven experience in Employee Benefit schemes and medical aids, to be a registered CFP and must have FAIS & FICA and RE exams
Conova (PTY) LTD is a specialist financial recruitment agency based in Cape Town South Africa. We cover all sectors ranging from leading Fund Management and Financial Services companies to Manufacturing and Servicing companies.
Telephone: (021) 201-1870
2nd Floor, Protea Place
40 Dreyer Street