An established company in the medical industry is seeking an Accountant, who will be responsible for reviewing and maintaining all financial systems, policies and procedures, as well as being responsible for identification, recording, valuation, accounting, reporting, and timely capitalisation of capital projects.
- Scope, review and improve financial systems practice and performance by designing and implementing internal control systems.
- Design, document and embed coherent financial systems, and build templates to meet the organisation’s reporting requirement.
- Review, update and maintain financial systems policies and procedures, and resolve financial system problems.
- Troubleshooting and fixing finance related system issues.
- Training and supporting finance team members in the use of financial systems and procedures.
- Training and supporting business with use of finance systems.
- Taking responsibility for new implementations of the financial systems.
- Maintain knowledge of the latest developments and use of financial systems.
- Ensure the development of and implement policies, systems, and procedures to identify, record, value, depreciate, account and report on fixed assets and comply with Accounting Standards and requirements.
- Ensure consolidation of fixed asset information to enable a complete and accurate record of the identification, location, and value of fixed assets.
- Carry out the revaluation of fixed assets and asset verification as required.
- Reviewing the assets processed and ensuring that the correct category and write-off period was identified.
- Reconciling the fixed assets against the fixed asset register and GL and identifying/investigating any discrepancies.
- Monthly wear and tear calculations
- Using technical capabilities to assist in preparing annual financial reports and business account.
- Assisting with interpreting and implementing new reporting amendments and standards.
- Offering support and training to accounting team members after implementing new standards, policies and regulations.
- Collaborating closely with department heads and other team members to ensure the changes made still allow the accounting team to function properly.
- Adding improvements to the company’s policy documentations and procedures to enhance the overall quality of financial report efforts.
- Serving as the main contact for external auditors on most technical accounting matters.
- Helping prepare technical accounting papers for review by the auditing committee.
- Monthly processing of journals
- Monthly management account preparation
- Yearly audit pack preparation
- Assisting the Finance Manager with any Ad hoc queries
- Assisting the Accounting Supervisor while on leave
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Experience of designing, implementing, and managing finance processes and policies.
- 5 years systems and accounting experience
- 2 – 4 years of Fixed asset experience
- Proficiency in accounting software and ERP systems
- Sage Intacct or any other ERP experience advantageous
- IDU budgeting and reporting experience will be advantageous.
- IFRS experience will be advantageous.
- Analytical thinker and inquisitive nature.
- Proactive and the ability to work and think independently.
- Flexible and Team player.
- Systems/efficiencies driven.
- Strong Attention to detail.
- Accuracy and high level of numeric ability.
- Results driven and adherence to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Passion to improve and work with automation
The Company’s approved Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to the Group’s Employment Equity strategy.