Our client, based in Durbanville, is seeking an Accountant for a half-day 4-month contract, from the 1st February 2024 with a few days of handover prior to commencement of contract. Handover/training to start beginning December and will be completed before the 20th December 2023.
You will report directly to the Managing Director and working hours will be 08h00 to 13h00.
- Bookkeeping up to trial balance – Sage Pastel Partner Accounting.
- Posting of bank transactions and petty cash.
- Invoicing of debtors.
- Debtors and creditors reconciliations.
- Maintaining accurate fixed asset registers.
- Preparing and balancing of the bank reconciliations.
- Ensure compliance with all income tax and VAT laws.
- Prepare monthly management accounts.
- Preparation and submission of VAT, PAYE returns on e-filing.
- Preparation and submission of COIDA returns.
- Monthly payroll processing – Pastel payroll.
- Support and prepare for annual financial statements.
- Assisting independent auditors with yearly audit.
- Prepare annual financial statements on Caseware (advantageous but not essential)
- SAIPA qualified or minimum BComm Accounting, or similar qualification
- Proficient on Sage Pastel Partner Accounting software
- Must be able to process and reconcile all balance sheet accounts up to trial balance ready for AFS preparation
- Must be able to work on your own and efficiently and accurately
- Previous work experience in an accounting practice (advantageous) or at least 3 years of experience working for a company as an accountant.
- Own transport as about 10 mornings a month will be spent at clients’ offices. (Company reimburses for travel at the SARS approved rate)