A home for the aged based in Bellville is looking for a compassionate Accounts Manager/ Senior Bookkeeper. The candidate will be responsible for the full accounting function at The Homes and the Retirement Village. Within the scope of work there are 2 sets of books up to balance sheet, 4 petty cash accounts and various other cash components. The ideal person will be able to start immediately/as soon as possible.
- A relevant Degree or Diploma; or at least 5 years related experience
- Extensive experience in Pastel Partner accounting
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in dealing with petty cash accounts
- Proficient in both English and Afrikaans
- Computer literate – mainly MS Office
- Good interpersonal, management and communication skills.
- Be accurate, methodical and neat
- Able to draw up reports, assist with budgeting, take care of banking manual and on-line and able to work under pressure.
- Be compassionate, empathetic, patient, diplomatic and understanding.