Our client has a vacancy for an Associate Director: Risk and Compliance.
This role will lead the SA risk and compliance team and will be responsible for ensuring that the company has robust arrangements for complying with relevant regulatory requirements. The successful candidate will act as the approved FSCA Cat 1 Compliance Officer and FIC AML Officer for the company and will also be responsible for mentoring and training of more junior members of staff. The role will support the Board of Directors in ensuring that regulatory requirements are met. In addition this role is responsible for providing independent compliance oversight and guidance that supports risk management to applicable business units and ensure adherence to regulations.
- Oversee/supervise the SA Risk & Compliance team which is responsible for operational risk management, compliance monitoring; new business reviews; production of MI and reports; provision of advice to the business; liaison with auditors; signatory list updates, signatory CDD maintenance, KYC/CDD checks.
- Approved FSCA Compliance Officer and FIC AML Officer (MLRO/CO) for the company
- Compliance support for primary SA legislation (FAIS/COFI, FICA, CISCA, Companies Act, PAIA, POPIA, TCF, B-BBEE and Financial Sector Code).
- Building good working relationships with a wide range of internal stakeholders and provide compliance expertise on any changes, key decisions or risks to the applicable business units.
- Liaising with the management team and advising on regulatory matters and industry best practice to ensure the company has in place an excellent and commercial business control framework
- Be a point of contact between the business and regulators.
- Prepare and submit/oversight regulatory reporting to FSCA and CIPC.
- Maintenance of the FIC Risk Management and Compliance Programme
- Performing KYC/CDD for onboarding new clients
- Review and sign off new business from an AML / Risk / Compliance perspective
- Compliance Monitoring – planning and execution thereof, recording and reporting findings
- Participating fully in the identification and assessment of risk to help set the company’s risk appetite
- Where appropriate, identify and communicate improvements that enhance service to clients and/or profitability to the company
- Carry out analysis within set parameters and produce reports, summarising trends and key messages for internal and external stakeholders advising business stakeholders of necessary action to ensure compliance
- Chair monthly Risk Committee and facilitate completion of the Business Risk Assessment for the company
- In consultation with the Group Head of Risk and Compliance, issue, revise and adopt AML/CFT compliance and business Policies, Guidance and Procedures in line with developments in legislation, regulations and best practice
- Deliver training and coaching as and when required to ensure all staff adequately demonstrate adherence to AML/CFT legislations and regulations
- Contribute to other projects as required and any other duties as deemed necessary by Management.
- Contribute to the company’s compliance and risk strategy and culture ensuring that a compliance culture is embedded within the business, through close personal engagements
- Adhere to Risk & Compliance procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and AML legislation
- Adhere to CPD requirements in accordance with qualification level and in-house procedures
- Adhere to the company’s core values and expected behaviours