Our client, an established property development and services company with their Head Office based in the Southern Suburbs is seeking to appoint a loyal CA (SA) to join their team.
Duties will include:
* Providing financial reports and interpreting financial information to managerial staff with recommendation.
* Maintaining the financial health of the organization.
* Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans/projections
* Benchmarking trends and projections for the firm’s finances
* Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
* Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives and design a framework for these to be met.
* Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
* Contact point with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained an ensure tax returns are submitted and reviewed on time.
* Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
Requirements would include:
* Experience as a Financial Manager with at least 8 years commercial experience
* Understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns , proficient user of finance software.
* A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles, working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations.
Qualifications and Experience:
* CA(SA) qualification essential. Relevant commercial experience
* Strong knowledge of complex accounting standards would be a distinct advantage.