Our client is looking for a Finance Manager, for a company located in Boksburg, JHB. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Accounts Payables – Supplier payments and maintain good credit.
- Review all supplier documents
- Sign off all creditor’s recons
- Accounts Payables – Conduct and oversee maintenance of AP files.
- Load all payments onto ABSA
- Set objectives for the accounts receivable team that align with the accounting department’s goals.
- Monitor processing of invoices.
- Ensure timely collection of payments.
- Conduct credit checks.
- Negotiate with clients in non-payment cases.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc forecasting reports.
- Ensure accurate/timely payment of statutory (SARS) levies
- Reconcile and ensure accurate/timely payment of Bargaining Council levies etc.
- Ensure accurate/timely payment of Union fees
- Capturing & Maintenance of Wage/Salary payments on banking platforms
- Prepare all monthly, quarterly and yearly taxes for review by direct manager and ensure that they are paid on time
- Submit EMP 501
- Monitor cash flow status
- Review Daily / Weekly Bank Reconciliations
- Maintain Inventory Records and Reconciliations
- Monitor expense deviations from budget and inform management.
- Prepare Monthly Provisions and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Process provisions journals as required for month-end as well as various other journals that may be required from time to time
- Upload weekly and month pay runs from VIP
- Assist with checking of weekly pay runs
- Maintain AOD Reconciliations
- Monitoring of AOD Billing from Clients and recoveries
- Oversee Finance Assistant on weekly AOD functions when necessary
- Prepare and maintain per employee provisions between QLIK and VIP on monthly basis
- Update and review rate cards
- Check D Forms submitted from payroll
- Oversea and monitor debtor invoicing to the weekly payroll runs
- Check that all invoices are correctly invoiced to the assigned debtor
- Assist from time to time when required on debtor’s collections
Financial Reporting, Statutory Compliance and Record Keeping
- Prepare Board Pack for review and finalization by Finance Executive
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly, and other reports as needed by the Finance Director/Shareholders.
- Report any discrepancies/risks to the Finance Executive
- Prepare all required statutory submission for submission (SARS, STATS SA, WCA and any other report as delegated from time to time)
- Recommend and maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over Finance Department activities
- Monthly VIP and system audits
· High emotional intelligence
· Ability to analyse and report
· Ability to perform various tasks and maintain an attention to detail
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Ability to interact with people at all levels (teamwork)
· Financial acumen
· Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
· Proficiency in excel
· Ability to work independently and delegate functions
· Ability to communicate (verbal and written) at all levels = Lower, Middle and Upper levels of management
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- B. Com degree in Financial Accounting or Financial Management
- A minimum of 10 working years’ experience in a financial field with 5 years in a similar management role with equivalent experience.