Our client is looking to employ a Finance Systems Analyst to join their team based in Cape Town. The team is part of the global Finance function, with direct accountability.
* Managing and maintaining system integrity
* Perform and correct all reconciliations on systems
* Actively reassess and realign process to match modern best practice
* Continuously develop the systems to satisfy business requirements and new processes
* Training of users
* Expanding the use of the systems within the business by being the ambassador of the product set
* Keeping up to date with new developments and rolling these out to the business
* Execute all month end and year end procedures on the systems
* Building reports for the business requirements
* Building dashboards and analysis for business requirements
* Part of the team which oversees the entire global finance system function: this includes ledger revenue, payroll, AUM and expenses.
Risk & Compliance Responsibilities:
* Adhering to the Code of Ethics and related policies, including personal account dealing, gifts market abuse etc
* Ensuring Compliance training, declarations and relevant forms are completed on a timely basis
* Ensuring that firm and client data and property, including IT data are properly protected
* Reporting any possible and actual breaches, errors, complaints or conduct issues.
* Reporting any suspicion that a client , investor, or employee maybe involved in laundering fraud or other crime such as market abuse.
Technical Knowledge and Experience: ‒ Degree with finance/business/computing orientation ‒ Minimum 5 years industry specific experience particularly overlapping ledger and investment systems ‒ Understand system controls and how to execute them ‒ Understand financial reporting systems and how to report from them ‒ Understand and use models built in finance System Skills: ‒ Oracle Fusion, PBCS, SQL, Report, Qlik (ideally some exposure to all of these, but at a minimum exposure to one or two) Personal Attributes: ‒ Strong problem-solving ability, logical thinker and highly numerate ‒ Ability to work under pressure to strict timelines and manage multiple priorities ‒ Attention to detail and high level of accuracy ‒ Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written – able to engage with individuals at various levels ‒ Ability to multi-task effectively ‒ Analytical approach and an ability to apply this commercially ‒ Must be organized and able to priorities duties and responsibilities ‒ Strong personality, self-assured, self-confident and assertive, confidence with diverse personalities, can-do attitude ‒ Able to work in a team ‒ A passion for change and a sense of real achievement based on delivery