We have a Financial Accountant role that will offer growth and challenge within a professional and dynamic finance team. The role will partner with business and provide accurate financial/management accounting reports to management timeously. This role will take full responsibility for month end and year end reports and will have oversight and co-ordination of the annual external audit.
- Provide accurate and proper financial/management accounting reports to management timeously.
- Responsible for month end and year end reports timeously, including monthly reports to CEOs
- Reporting to SARS including VAT, STT, DWT, Provisional Tax Return, and Annual Tax Return (IT14 and IT14SD)
- Responsible for the Reconciliation of Acumatica (General Ledger ) to management accounts.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of accounting entries posted to the General Ledger. This includes monthly processing of various provisions, depreciation, prepayments, etc.
- Review allocations for Corporate Credit Card and upload journals to Acumatica (bank recons)
- Responsible for day to day banking. Ensuring that accurate payments are made to authorised suppliers.
- Cash management, monitoring weekly cash flow.
- Oversight and co-ordination of annual External Audit of responsible entity
- Preparing Annual Financial Statements and potentially assist with the preparation of the Consolidated Annual Financial Statements
- Calculation of Apportionment Ratio’s
- Quarterly reporting to Board (entity specific and group specific)
- Assist with FSCA Reporting
- Assist with activities within the operations space, including
o Preparation of client fee calculations in terms of mandate
o Implementation of any mandate changes in client fee calculations
- Reconciling Bank accounts
- Processing Journals to Acumatica
- Participate in the weekly finance team meeting, and ensure action points are followed up on
- Maintain the fixed asset register
- Assist with streamlining the Capex Process
- Group reporting and Reconciliation of inter-company balances
- Develop and document business processes, and keeping this document updated
- Keep up with financial policies, regulations and tax legislation relating to group entities
- Streamline and recommend improvements to current systems and processes
- Perform Accounting and Finance Function for third party / Smaller Group Companies as required for third party / Smaller Group Companies as required
The ideal candidate will be:
- Self-starter who is willing to take on responsibility for a wide array of tasks
- Highly methodical
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Positive Team Player
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Client orientated and able to see the bigger picture