An opportunity has arisen for a Financial Analyst to join a Fund Services Finance team with one of our clients.
The responsibilities for this position involves meeting deliverables related to a broad set of financial analysis in support of the firm’s decisions and strategic direction. Analysis could relate to client, division, and / or service profitability, assessment of business cases, new business assessments, analysis of corporate related initiatives as well as financial planning across the Fund Services business unit. The successful candidate will be required to support and deliver analytical assessed outputs with related metrics, financial models and relevant reporting of evaluations.
The successful candidate will have some or all of the following:
• A B.Com Honours, B.Bus.Sc (Finance/Accounting), CIMA or similar tertiary qualification;
• Seven years or more financial services experience including;
• Previous experience in engaging with senior stakeholders and act as liaison for finance;
• Previous experience within operations and / or the sales process;
• Previous experience working with financial models, management accounts, databases and analysis;
• Previous experience with engaging across a wide network of business areas.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Using existing and new models, analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements across the Fund Services business unit;
• Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation in creating forecasts and models by documenting the design, development and delivery of the various frameworks, processes and models across business;
• Assist with establishing the data structures and management information reporting that will require working closely with IT teams to design web based (AI/PowerBI) innovative reporting systems that enable effective decision-making regarding client, division and service analysis;
• Support and collaborate with Business Management as a Finance team member through budgeting, financial management, forecasting, ad- hoc analysis and the assessment, review and communication of business performance; • Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analysing actual results with plans, budgets and forecasts to present results to management teams. Understand and evaluate the key Finance reports, management accounts, legal entity reports and processes in order to enable the accurate incorporation of financial information to produce variance analysis and management commentary that is underpinned by appropriate financial metrics and drivers;
• Support Business Management, Client Management and Business Development with detailed costing models and analysis to be utilized in the establishment and / or review of new and existing rate cards and manage the process to attain sign-off of results;
• Analyze financial data and create financial models and other reports as management may require for decision support which includes understanding the key Operational business line models, services and processes in order to interpret the commercial impacts, themes and trends driving costs within the relevant models and frameworks;
• Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization. Aid in the form of process management, reviews and comprehensive documentation of outputs within supporting all key current and future business initiatives across the firm;
• Assist with analysis of corporate activities and initiatives in support of Maitland’s strategic goals;
• Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate and aligned financial reporting and support the finance team with the year end audit process annual report submissions as well as drafting of financial statements.
An understanding of the following is considered essential:
• Asset management industry and key regulatory bodies;
• Administration service offerings and product knowledge within Fund Services;
• Solid understanding of the end to end financial accounting lifecycle including accounting standards, practices, general ledger and trial balance structures and finance processes;
The following attributes are required;
• Solution orientated and strong problem solving skills;
• An aptitude for working with systems;
• Highly numerate and detail orientated;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Confident, enthusiastic and self-motivated;
• Excellent co-ordination and planning skills to achieve set timelines;
• CaseWare knowledge;
• A track record of achievement.