Our Client, based in the Tourism and Safari Industry, seeks a Financial Manager to join their team.
The Financial Manager is responsible for the implementation of business operations, company policies & procedures, and the finances and operations for the Group.
The FM will provide leadership and action the agreed strategic vision of the organisation. They will bring financial, managerial and administrative procedures, reporting structures and operational controls to the company. This is a vital leadership role that will drive results, limit risk and costs and increase the overall efficiency of the company.
Key element of this role will be to ensure the financial health of an organization, to produce financial reports, safeguard assets of the company, action efficiencies and limit all risks.
- Check and confirm relevant balances in the balance sheet and transactions in the Income statement for 100% accuracy.
- To ensure that financial information is relevant, reliable, complete, timely, understandable, verifiable and accessible at all times.
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial and inland staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Maintain the financial health of the organization.
- Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Develop trends and projections for the company’s finances.
- Assist in the preparation of the company’s budgets and forecasts.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Manage subordinates to ensure that the best accounting practise is adhered to, at all times.
- Perform monthly performance evaluations with subordinates.
- Identify the training requirements for subordinates and ensure that the said is followed through timeously.
- Mentor and guide employees to ensure that they take full responsibility and ownership for their respective positions.
- Assist with the financial/accounting policies and procedures required and ensure that it is adhered to, at all times.
- Lead monthly management meeting and report on the department’s results and performance.
- Report on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances.
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company.
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management.
- Action agreed upon solutions for business and operations to take advantage of opportunities, increase efficiencies and mitigate risks.
- Oversee and maximize the recoveries from customers.
- Be responsible for assisting in completion of audit.
Financial Degree – Bcom and BCOM Honours
- 5+ years of financial management level experience
- 2+ years of hospitality / tourism experience
- Cross border / SADC experience
- 2+ years at the FinOps level is preferred
- Excel, Word, Outlook and Power point experience
- Panstrat and Pastel experience preferable
- Tourism and hospitality industry essential
- Lodge financial cost management preferable
- Operational environment
- Management of various teams