An exciting opportunity exists for a degreed expert with renewable energy market experience in a growing firm that
specialises in providing consultancy services in the power generation and infrastructure industry in South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa.
The company seeks an individual with a background in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical) or an Accountant with an
affinity for energy modeling. Ideally this individual will have extensive exposure to energy markets and a technical understanding of the contracts and processes involved in project development. Experience in modelling gained through the REIPPP or through involvement in cogeneration projects in South Africa would be an added advantage.
• Understanding the modelling of discounted cash flows
• Understanding of how to structure a financial model, conventions, bottle necks in Excel, structuring the file
to run stable, how to ensure that it provides the right results;
• Understanding of how to structure the model in a way that makes it intuitive and easy to understand and
• Understanding on how lenders and investors think to be able to convey precisely the information
they are looking for.
• A degree in Engineering, Accounting or related fields from a reputable institution
• At least 5 years’ experience in the energy market of South Africa