Our financial services client based in Cape Towns Southern’s suburbs is looking to hire a financial planner to source new business and manage the relationship with exiting clients.
The Financial planner should be accredited by the relevant service providers and be licensed to give advice in terms of the FAIS Act and compliance regulations. In addition, the Financial planner will also contribute towards the training and development of other members of the financial planning team. This is a position of trust and will require honesty dealing with finances.
- Accurately assess client’s needs, objectives and risk tolerance and formulate an effective financial plan strategy and/or risk management strategy.
- Provide advice required to clients, including subsequent advice to current clients.
- Ensure all client data is recorded using the business systems and procedures.
- Formulate effective financial plan documents and/or risk management documents, in-line with the company guidelines, and the client’s needs, objectives and risk tolerance. All documents must meet the compliance requirements of product providers and the relevant legislation, and comply with the company standard documents, policies and procedures.
- Support appropriate pricing structure as required.
- Communicate the agreed financial plan/risk management advice strategy to the appropriate team members for action.
- Provide and communicate all product information, legislative knowledge and other information required by the client to make an informed decision.
- Conduct financial product and investment research
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the practice advice “house view”.
- Undertake various client and financial product related projects.
- Ensure technical knowledge is maintained or expanded by attending both internal and external training to ensure industry and legislative requirements are met and high levels of technical competence is maintained.
- Provide technical training as required to all other staff, incl. article financial planner, administration and client service staff
- Maintain high compliance standards that satisfy legislative requirements and meet the regulatory obligations of a financial planner and key Individual.
- Comply with all reasonable requirements for maintaining membership of agreed professional bodies, accreditation with the appropriate service providers and licensed with the regulators.
- Provide, upon request, all and any documentation requested of you and complete all necessary compliance reports as directed by the compliance officer.
Develop and Maintain Relationships
- Develop and maintain relationships with key personnel within strategic alliance partner or Center of Influence (COI)
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers, particularly Fund Managers and Life Companies
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, as per the client segmentation and service offer
- Develop and maintain relationships with the client’s professional team
- Support the strategy to achieve sales targets, including contributions towards the marketing plan for generating required levels of new business.
- Manage the ongoing client relationship in-line with the sale and service offering, to achieve the desired retention levels for each segment.
- Ensure sales process is implemented with all prospects and report on progress and sales conversion as required.
- Manage client meetings in-line with the defined sales and service process and to effectively meet client needs.
- Assess each client for further sales opportunities, either during client contact or as part of marketing activities.
- Support the recruitment new clients as appropriate to the marketing plan and effectively manage prospect conversion.
- Ensure all work complies with internal policies and procedures
- Ensure all work is in alignment with the practice’s values and all legal requirements are met.
Participate in Marketing – (minimal)
- Management of or participation in marketing activities as required, e.g. presenting at client seminars, writing articles, attending events
- Contribute ideas towards the formulation of the marketing plan and feedback on performance of each marketing activity.
- Support lead generation through referrals, networking with a view to obtaining new business opportunities.
- Review client portfolio reports in conjunction with changes in client circumstances and investments and general market movement, as outlined in the sales and service process. Ensure report is accurate and that investment strategy is meeting client’s objectives. Ensure client is kept well informed and that all necessary actions are recommended and where necessary undertaken.
- Review clients risk coverage in conjunction with changes in client circumstances and risk management needs, product offerings available, and changes in product provider rates. Ensure client is kept well informed and that all necessary actions are recommended and where necessary undertaken.
- Prepare record of advice documentation as required.
- Assist with client enquiries, in-line with the company’s service offer
- Dealing with finances
Qualifications and Experience:
- Business or appropriate degree.
- CFP qualification.
- Sound technical knowledge and ability
- Strong understanding of key success drivers for small business.
- Staff management ability and some experience
- Training & mentoring