Purpose of the Role
Collective Investment Scheme (Unit Trust and ETF) Fund Accounting and Life Accounting, forming part of a talented Fund Accounting team. This is an end to end Fund Accounting position with exposure to Unit Trust, ETF and Life accounting.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Processing and setting up of audit, trustee, custody and management fees
• Ensuring Variation Margin is processed correctly and matches the Clearing House Statement daily
• Ensure capturing / processing of all 3rd Party duplication trades to the accounting system timeously and accurately (ensure they match the third-party valuation reports)
• Ability to manage client cash flows (subscriptions and redemptions) and ensure units in issue reconcile to Transfer Agency / South African Central Securities Depository (Strate)
• Understand the full lifecycle and parties involved in the process of executing and settling an on-market trade via the stock exchange
• Pricing of funds within the Collective Investment Scheme, ie Daily unitisation and ensuring the valuation of financial instruments are in line with the funds’ performance e.g. equities, bonds, and derivatives
• Understand how total fund performance is calculated and impacted with each entry captured specifically related to the impact each entry has on the split between the clean (capital) NAV price and the income NAV price of a fund
• Monitor and perform income distribution calculations for each fund class
• Understand tolerance level checking against a benchmark and are familiar with what is deemed as an unacceptable asset and NAV fund price variance, Responsible for running, checking and sending of client reports daily and monthly
• Handling queries efficiently to ensure resolution of both internal and external client queries (in conjunction with the Client Delivery team)
• Ensure appropriate controls are in place to mitigate risk
• Supporting the management and co-ordination of team deliverables relating to projects and new client take-on’s and launching of new funds
Relevant experience of at least 2-5 years (Unit Trust Fund Accounting/Pricing experience) in this role is essential. Exposure to the accounting of passively managed tracker funds and / or ETF fund accounting will be beneficial.
Relevant Tertiary Qualification(s) – Finance/Accounting/Investments
• Self-starter who is willing to take on responsibility for a wide array of tasks in a small company
• Highly methodical
• Ability to work under limited supervision
• Willing to work flexible hours – May be required to work shifts on rotation basis based on pricing points and client deadlines
• Team Player
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Client orientated and able to see the bigger picture
Relevant exposure to Investment reporting systems.
Strong Excel skills
Why this Role?
This is your opportunity to join a market leading Fund Operations business and lead a talented team of highly motivated Fund Accountants geared for growth. You will be joining an entrepreneurial and nimble environment where ideas and solutions to obstacles are always encouraged.