Our client is recruiting for a Fund Accountant to perform an end to end fund accounting role as part of the Segregated Fund Accounting team. This role has a strong client reporting focus with a specific focus on segregated mandates.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing and setting up of audit, trustee, custody and management fees
- Ensuring Variation Margin is processed correctly and matches the Clearing House Statement daily
- Ensure capturing / processing of all 3rd Party duplication trades to the accounting system timeously and accurately (ensure they match the third-party valuation reports)
- Pricing of funds and ensuring the valuation of financial instruments are in line with the funds’ performance e.g. equities, bonds, and derivatives.
- Understand tolerance level checking against a benchmark and are familiar with what is deemed as an unacceptable asset and NAV fund price variance
- Responsible for running, checking and sending of client reports daily and monthly
- Handling queries efficiently to ensure resolution of both internal and external client queries (in conjunction with the Client Delivery team)
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place to mitigate risk
- Supporting the management and co-ordination of team deliverables relating to projects and new client take-on’s
2-3 years’ experience in a similar segregated Fund Accounting role is essential, along with a solid understanding of asset management operations.
Relevant Tertiary Qualification (BCom Accounting, Finance, Investments)
- Highly methodical with strong interest in portfolio administration
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Team Player
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Client orientated and able to see the bigger picture
Knowledge of relevant Investment administration systems
Strong Excel skills required
Why this Role?
This is your opportunity to join a talented team of highly motivated Fund Accountants geared for growth. You will be joining an entrepreneurial and nimble environment where ideas and solutions to obstacles are always encouraged.