An opportunity to join the Cape Town office of a global player in the Partnership Automation Industry!
As the Global Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for developing and managing the procurement cycle. Working closely with key stakeholders across the company, you will execute procurement plans that support key business objectives and help increase company profitability through lower costs achieved through successful negotiation strategy.
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in procurement at a global technology company
- Demonstrated ability as a Project Manager who can prioritize workload and manage complex projects within cost and schedule
- Knowledge of best in class procurement techniques
- Significant experience and exceptional talent in negotiations
- An independent, self-motivated individual who works well under pressure with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Self-starter with a great work ethic and an analytical thinker with superior problem solving and decision-making skills
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized with prior experience setting up desktop procedures for procurement
- Excellent multi-tasker who is always “on it” with stellar time and project management skills; understands the importance of planning in advance to meet deadlines that include multiple review points and iterations
- Strong communicator, both written & verbal; reliable and responsive to email and phone communications
- Highest level of integrity and good judgment, with the ability to effectively deal with highly sensitive, confidential information
- Strong computer skills, including Gmail, Google calendar, Google docs, and Microsoft Office
- Partner with key stakeholders across the company to develop and implement procurement processes and tools: establish and enforce procurement policy and procedures, incorporating procurement best practices
- Innovate within the procurement space, automating and/or improving tools or processes to better support the Procurement Lifecycle
- Manage the procurement process: ensure proper execution and compliance, negotiate with vendors to achieve target savings, lead all aspects of vendor onboarding activities, monitor and take action on existing subscriptions based on business needs
- Identify and address areas of operational and cost inefficiencies to increase profitability through optimization: establish vendor management process and perform cost and optimization analysis; partner with Legal and Finance to develop negotiation strategy
- Develop mechanisms and metrics to hold suppliers accountable for performance and delivery.
- Identify, monitor, and act upon KPI reporting to measure success and drive continuous improvement
- Standardize RFP process and other inbound information requests, including requests for audit
- Perform ad-hoc finance administrative tasks as needed
- Medical Aid and Provident Fund
- Unlimited leave
- Phenomenal coffee & cereal
- Free lunch on Thursdays
- Casual work environment
- Games room
- Yummy snacks every Friday
- Free parking
- Development & training