A new vacancy has arisen at a Global Fund Administration Company based in Cape Town.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* With support from the Group reporting team and in co-ordination with the Financial Control teams, ensure the timely and accurate delivery of the various reports and schedules that make up the Management Accounting reports including:
* Liaison with various offices to define and align processes, timelines and reporting
* Preparation of monthly consolidation
* Maintain and track consolidation entries
* Preparation and analysis of consolidation financial results
* Drive ongoing improvements to the existing process
*Financial analysis and reporting of the monthly results
* Participate in adding insight into the commentary that supports the management accounting reports
* Where required, ensure the Reporting team makes available the required time to support the Financial Control teams in preparing the annual financial statements.
- As the owner of the final reporting process, ensure that standard reporting is the default and all ad-hoc requests are centralized
- Deal with specific requests coming out of business operations needs and board requests.
- Working with operational analysts, ensure the finance elements of profitability and other analysis is provided
- With the insight into the Group that the role offers, you will need to ensure there is a detailed analysis of the Group
- Representing the users of the financial reporting systems and playing an active role in supporting the ongoing maintenance and improvements of Finance Systems.
Skills and Competencies
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to communicate effectively with senior staff and management.
- The ability to priorities and plan a challenging workload and to meet tight reporting deadlines.
- A systematic work method and attention to detail.
- The ability to work as a member of a team.
- The ability to think independently and have a hands-on mentality.
- Excellent communication and language skills with fluent English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and management in our offices globally, both written and spoken
- Up to date knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Excellent accounting fundamentals (including consolidation experience)
- Strong IT skills with advanced Excel a prerequisite, and in particular a good knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook email.
- Windows based accounting packages, including multi-currency.
- Windows based time-recording and billing systems.
* Be a Charted Accountant (SA) or equivalent, with at least 5 years post- qualification experience