Our client, based in Maitland, is seeking a Group Admin and Finance Manager. You will be required to manage the financial and administrative portfolios of the Group of Company which consists of two main operating entities and their subsidiaries (A packaging
manufacturing company and a property investment portfolio). They are seeking a financially astute individual with a strong learning mindset.
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director within the group of companies.
- Oversee invoicing of monthly rental to multiple tenants.
- Overseeing invoicing of monthly recoverables charges (electricity, water, etc) from multiple tenants.
- Load suppliers onto banking platform.
- Confirm and vet new supplier beneficiaries on the company’s banking platform.
- Oversee the authorization of payments from the company’s banking platform.
- Oversee the capturing of bank statements from banking platform onto the company’s Accounting system (accounting
system is subject to change).
- Oversee, maintain, update and the capturing of supplier orders into the company’s Accounting system.
- Oversee, maintain, update and compile the monthly management accounts for various property related companies
within the group of companies.
- Oversee, maintain, update and compile the monthly cashflow generated from various property related companies within the
group of companies.
- Oversee, maintain and update Fixed Asset Registers for various property related companies within the group of
- Oversee, maintain and update loan accounts balances between various companies.
- Attend to tenant queries if required.
- Oversee, maintain, update and prepare weekly and monthly payment runs (which take place every Friday at time of writing,
however is subject to change).
- Oversee, maintain, update and prepare various VAT submissions for various property related companies within the
group of companies.
- Oversee, maintain, update and prepare various SARS submissions (UIF, PAYE, etc.)
- Oversee, maintain, update staff records on the company’s HR/Payroll Management system.
- Oversee, maintain, update the reconciliation of customer and supplier accounts.
- Oversee, maintain, update the group of companies’ Cashflow Projections when required.
- Oversee, vet and approve or reject new customer credit applications for various companies within the group of
- Liaise with relevant municipalities for various queries relating to various property companies within the group of companies.
- Liaise with external auditors to prepare Audited Financial Statements for various property companies within the group of
- Oversee and manage the work done of the office, administrative and accounts team/department within the
group of companies.
- Arrange for maintenance at various properties if required.
- Continuously work to streamline the administrative and accounting processes of the business whenever and however
- Compile new lease agreements for various tenants within the group of companies as required.
- Review new and existing lease agreements for various tenants within the group of companies as required.
- Work with banking and lending partners to conclude various financial transactions as required (this may include, but is not
limited to; restructuring of mortgage bond facilities, new mortgage bond facilities, foreign exchange facilities, account
overdraft facilities, credit applications, and the like)
- Oversee and compile new and existing Contracts of Employment for various staff members within the group of
companies as and when required.
- Work with auditor to create and submit various IRP5 and tax information for various staff members within the group of
companies as required.
- Create and report on market studies when evaluating new capital investments through the group of companies.
- Complete various documentation relating to the acquisition of various capital investments throughout the group of
companies (such documentation may include, but is not limited to: Offers to Purchase, finance applications, and the like).
- Circulate various reports that may be required against a schedule (such reports may include, but are not limited to: Returns on Investments, debtor and creditor age analysis’, company budgets, turnover monitoring, expenses monitoring,
and the like).
- Support the Managing Director’s initiative to grow and expand the business and it’s related companies wherever and
- Serving the best interests of the Company in order to achieve the goals and ambitions as outlined and agreed upon by the
Board of Directors, which may be subject to change from time to time.
- Oversee the day-to-day administrative duties within the company including, but not limited to, emailing, writing and
compiling of documents as needed, creation of excel spreadsheets as required, creation of presentations as
required, assisting factory and office staff with administrative duties as required, maintaining accurate files of important and
relevant documents, maintaining a tidy workspace, scheduling and attending meetings as required.
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel, and discipline staff where necessary.
- Assist in the development of business plans that cover sales, revenue, and expense controls.
- Assist the Managing Director in creating sales plans that fall in line with the Cashflow Projections and other financial plans
already set out.
- Work alongside Managing Director in maintaining positive relations with business partners, shareholders, authorities,
suppliers, and customers.
- Building and enhancing the Company’s profile whenever necessary.
- Oversee the compiling of accurate monthly and annual financial statements, which is inclusive of all journals and other
financial record keepings.
- Scheduling monthly and/or quarterly board meetings between board members and executive staff and compiling necessary
information relevant to such board meetings between companies within the group of companies.
- Coordinating with the Managing Director on his initiatives for the Company’s business operations, financial performance,
investments, and ventures.
- Support the Operations Director’s initiatives for the Company’s business operations, maintenance planning and administrative
requirements where necessary or possible.
- Ensuring timely and accurate funds are paid for creditor accounts, salaries and wages, and other company expenses for
all companies within the group of companies.
- Ensuring timely and accurate funds are paid by debtors for all companies within the group of companies.
- Drawing up, negotiating, and agreeing to contracts for both debtors and creditors in coordination with the Managing
Director as necessary in respect to the requirements of the company within the group of companies.
- Overseeing the interview process and employment of new staff in your department and where necessary.
- Ensure that disciplinary procedures are followed properly by all staff members between the group of companies.
- Monitoring company operating expenses and oversee budget activities.
- Ensure orders are placed on suppliers as necessary for various projects between the group of companies.
- Updating executive staff and board members on financial performance of the company as and when required.
- Maintain positive relations with business partners, shareholders, authorities, suppliers, and customers.
- Enter into appropriate negotiations with, but not limited to wherever necessary; landlords, subtenants, municipal councils,
electricity and other service suppliers, courier services, telecommunication and internet providers, external human
resource agencies, recruitment agencies, lending partners, machinery and equipment suppliers, and the like.
- Delegate tasks for completion to staff that report directly or indirectly to you and/or your department throughout the
group of companies.
Essential Qualifications Experience and Skills:
- University Degree is not a requirement, however tertiary certification of some sort is a requirement.
- Experience in managing accounts and administrative people within your department.
- Strong experience with the full Microsoft Suite (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong computer skills.
- Pastel Accounting and/or Sage300 accounting system experience.
- Ability to manage the accounts and administrative department when all members are under pressure to deliver certain requirements according to deadlines provided
- Ability to work with various departments in the business as required (Sales, Operations, maintenance, logistics, etc)
- Ability to work remotely if required.
- Ability to work under pressure and at the highest standard.
- Reliable transport to and from work.