Our client, a leading omni-channel betting and gaming platform based in South Africa, is seeking an HR Consultant/Manager. Since the launch of their first retail branch in Cape Town in 2016, they have constantly been expanding and finding new ways to offer their customers the very best betting experience. They prioritize the well-being of their customers and support responsible gambling. The company’s core values include unity, integrity, responsibility, enthusiasm and ingenuity.
This position would require the candidate to assist in both HR administration as well as Payroll administration.
- Matric, HR Diploma or Certificate
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Computer Literate in all MS Packages
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Self-Motivated, Meticulous, and Deadline driven
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle large volumes of data, information, projects, and tasks at any given time and still be able to deliver quality work on time
- Drivers licence advantageous
- Prepare HR documents, type HR meeting minutes & maintain filing systems
- Track and update employee information and data
- Maintain personnel employee files
- Draw up and issue contracts for new employees
- Advise employees on basic HR queries, escalating to the wider team as required.
- Support the wider team with ad hoc duties and projects as required, including but not limited to supporting with routine compensation matters, providing information for audit requests, preparing information for management reports .
- Submit attendance reports to the General Manager
- Prepare all permanent and contract personnel files
- Check time and date on clocking system
- Print daily current absenteeism report and hand to the retail manager
- Obtain Site Attendance Register, check late coming/absence notifications
- Prepare timesheets, monitor leave, submit calculated timesheets for processing
- Distribute payslips and handle queries
- Update the training database & keep record of training committee meetings
- Manage the end-to-end payroll administration for staff payroll across multiple locations, ensuring that all authorised payroll changes are implemented and actioned accurately, to meet all payroll and statutory reporting deadlines.
- Ensure all payroll related functions are processed within the deadlines (including benefits contributions and relevant recons).
- Ensure all HR payroll related information is kept up to date, including correctly processing all starters and leavers.
- Maintain accurate records of all payroll transactions, instructions, and requests in a confidential manner; ensuring that all records are available for audit as required.
- Manage and respond to all matters and queries relating to payroll from employees and vendors.
- Assist with BBBEE annual audit.
- Assist in the preparation of annual Employment Equity Reports.
- Assist in the preparation of Workplace Skills Plans (WSPs) and Annual Training Reports (ATRs)
- Contribute to improving HR systems, processes and practices.