Our client is an independent, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private wealth services to institutional and private clients. They are looking to employ a 2nd line general IT support Senior Administrator to join an experienced Global IT team.
You will be part of their IT team, responsible for the installation, maintenance, support of the company’s IT systems and providing end-user technical assistance and troubleshooting, specifically to the Cape Town office.
This exciting new role is in line with the continued growth of the company, it will suit someone who is looking for a role that is both challenging and rewarding.
- Daily management of the SA IT function, specifically, responding to and resolving incoming helpdesk tickets, and basic IT knowledge transfer to users and junior team members. Our Cape Town team also manage the BCP facilities for the office which includes remote management of these systems and escalation to Vendors when required.
- Providing technical support to end users
- System support, maintenance and monitoring
- Help Desk Management
- Application support, Access Control Systems, and certain Banking platforms.
- User Training and Education
- Hardware and Software Maintenance
- Documentation and Knowledge Management
- Collaboration and Communication
- Active participation in team meetings and sharing knowledge with colleagues
Experience and Skills:
- You will have relevant experience working in a professional environment and be able to demonstrate strong communication skills.
- 2nd level IT support experience – 2 to 4 years preferable.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, the ability to own sections of projects and deliver the project work over and above the day to day end user support. Time management and communication skills are essential.
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills with an ability to assess each employees IT knowledge levels.
- Strong team player able to work effectively with diverse client groups, with ability to problem solve individually and in a group as well as handling multiple tasks concurrently, the ability to establish the relevant priorities of each is essential.
- Experience with past and present Microsoft Windows PC and Server configurations deployed in a networked environment including On Prem and Cloud
- Good accurate record keeping, creation of solution guides for the helpdesk tickets where appropriate.