Our client, based in Epping Industrial, is seeking a vibrant Junior Accountant/Administrator to join their team. They have been in the Vegetable industry for well over 16years, and supply most of the major Supermarket groups in South Africa.
Working hours 05h30 – 14h00 and you will need to work on Saturdays/Public Holidays on a rotation schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Stock capturing
- Monthly Creditors
- Management of creditors system (ensuring all creditors processed accurately and paid timeously).
- Ensuring VAT compliance of supplier invoices.
- Monthly/weekly payrolls: Payroll Masterfile maintenance and setup.
- Preparation, review and reconciliation of payrolls.
- Monthly GL reconciliation files: Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts (every month is a year-end).
- Bank reconciliations
Qualifications and Experience:
- SAIPA/SAICA articles/qualification preferable, but not essential
- Broad, hands-on exposure to all fields related to above duties and responsibilities.
- A good working knowledge of PASTEL and PASTEL PAYROLL
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel
- Your “attention to detail” skills should be very strong.
- You should be meticulous and accurate when working.
- You should be able to multi-task.
- You should be a motivated individual with a strong willingness to learn and develop oneself.
- You should be able to analyze a problem and propose possible solutions
- You should be able to work well within a team as well as independently.
- You should be able to take responsibility for your role in the team.