Our Cape Town-based client is looking to hire a Manager to manage the overall service delivery of the allocated Funds Accounting team:
Purpose of job
To ensure the following:
- That valuations are performed completely, accurately and within the required client deadlines
- Valuations/accounts are distributed accurately and on time to all parties.
- That all client queries are responded to and resolved to the satisfaction of the client within a reasonable timeframe
- That Compliance checks and reporting are completed accurately and within the set deadlines.
- Adherence to all agreed controls, policies and procedures
- Accurate and timeously correspondence with shareholders of underlying funds, including capital call and distribution notices
- Accurate and timeously payment of expenses and execution of investments in accordance with investment documentation
Being responsible for producing financial statements for all allocated clients in accordance with the most relevant accounting and regulatory standards and client driven requirements. Responsible for facilitating the audit process for all clients and responsible for managing the team resources; allocating tasks and monitoring client service levels for reporting purposes.
- Exposure / experience in checking and supervising the work of other team members
- Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Exposure / Experience in dealing and interacting with clients
- Good technical knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS/UK GAAP/US GAAP & Other)
Qualifications and Industry Experience
- A relevant tertiary qualification, preferably including Accounting; Finance; Investments
- CA (SA), ACCA or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years investment fund administration or related experience
- Good accounting and investment product knowledge