A financial services organisation servicing large investment companies in South Africa based in the northern suburbs is looking for an Operations Manager – Unit Trusts to execute, verify and distribute NAV calculations and distributions, controls for Local and International Units Trusts.
- Manage a NAV team
- Reviewing all daily, monthly and ad hoc work done by team
- Performing accurate and timely daily NAV calculations
- Identify, investigate and solving of NAV price movement variances
- Manual calculation of performance fees
- Processing and reconciliation of cash flows, subscriptions and redemptions
- Distribution / dissemination of daily NAV prices
- Calculation and dissemination of Income distributions and month end fees
- Timely reporting to management, clients and auditors
- Developing, training and objective setting for your team
- Ensuring that compliance with company policy and procedures, Client Service Level agreements and internal controls are followed by your team.
- Continuously evaluating processes, risks and controls in your area and implementing improvements were necessary
- Working closely alongside Project and Change teams to participate in business efficiency and new system implementation projects as required.
- Good knowledge of operations and financial environment as well as NAV experience essential
- High Attention to detail
- Very driven and motivated
- Strong problem solving skills
- Control oriented and risk aware
- Advanced understanding of Ms Office suite Fundamentals able to link them together using tools and functions to build applications/UDTs for various business related purposes an advantage.
- Good knowledge of HiPortfolio an advantage
- Accounting related degree or professional qualification an advantage but not a pre-requisite
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a manager required