Operations Manager (Commercial): Wine
Conservation and Tourism company is looking for someone to take an important position within their Stellenbosch based Premier Wine Division. The Operations Manager (Commercial Projects) will be responsible for important strategic development, analytical and cross-department projects that help the expansion of their company’s extensive wine program. You should excel at solving strategic problems and supporting field operations. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute heavily to the day-to-day operations.
We are looking for an experienced person to join our small team in Stellenbosch. Successful candidate can work from Claremont and Stellenbosch. As the Operations Manager (Commercial Projects) you will improve strategic, operational, and cross-business projects that result in improved communication and efficiencies across our wine program.
You’ll work across geographies, cultures, functions, and seniorities. We’re excited about you because you have experience with:
- Strategic, operational, and cross business projects that resulted in improved customer acquisition, retention, and credit performance. (Commercially minded).
- Coordinate with departmental heads to guide business change projects.
- Experienced with a high capacity to manage multiple complex; projects, operations, and people simultaneously while delivering high-quality outputs.
- Ability to learn and work in a fast-paced and challenging environment. Confident, proactive, and positive outlook. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and statistical skills, attention to detail, is highly organised and have a strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other Office365 applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to provide an exemplary engagement with guests, team members and suppliers alike.
- A keen passion for wine and a willingness to learn from the very best – preferably having completed Cape Wine Academy Diploma or WSET 2 certification or plans to complete in immediate future.
- At least 5 years of experience in project management, consulting, finance, or operational roles, ideally with multi-market experience.
- Bachelors’ degree
- Excellent stakeholder management required.
- Support and understudy to the General Manager’s Premier Wine Division.
- Offers leadership, coordination, accountability, encouragement, and training to lodge sommeliers as guest-facing team members bringing to life the unique-to-hospitality deep wine focus.
- Ensures that SOP’s are trained, implemented and maintained across the properties’ service and administrative spectrum.
- Engages directly in managing wine inventories, stock-counts, sommeliers, and wine steward teams across the conservation properties, through an inspirational approach.
- Assist with wine replenishment planning across properties.
- Support Sommelier teams’ administration, training, and accountability.
- Support service to ensuring that all guest-related requirements are met timeously and efficiently.
- Oversee the development of export wine consignments channel.
- Scrutiny of wine consumption analyses to identify opportunities to improve efficiency.