Our client, a reputable company in the tourism industry, is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Debtors Clerk to join their finance team. The Debtors Clerk will play a crucial role in managing the company’s accounts receivable and ensuring the timely collection of outstanding payments. If you are a diligent and organized professional, with a passion for finance and a commitment to accuracy, we invite you to apply for this position.
Accounts Receivable Management:
- Maintain and update customer accounts in the accounting system.
- Prepare and issue customer invoices and statements in a timely manner.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are received promptly and accurately.
- Record and allocate incoming payments to the appropriate customer accounts.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies in payments and outstanding balances.
- Coordinate with customers to collect overdue payments and negotiate payment terms.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Generate regular reports on accounts receivable status and aging analysis.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all financial transactions.
- Assist in preparing financial reports and reconciliations as required.
- Respond to customer inquiries and provide information regarding invoices and payment details.
- Maintain professional and constructive relationships with customers to facilitate payment collection.
- Monitor and initiate collections activities for overdue accounts.
- Collaborate with the Collections Department to escalate unresolved issues.
- Identify and recommend process improvements to enhance efficiency and reduce accounts receivable outstanding balances.
- High school diploma or equivalent; a degree or diploma in finance or accounting is a plus.
- Proven experience as a Debtors Clerk or in a similar finance-related role within the tourism industry is preferred.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of debt collection practices and legal requirements is an advantage.