Our client, an independent, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private wealth services to institutional and private clients, is looking to employ a 1st line general IT support administrator to join an experienced Global IT team.
You will be part of the company’s IT team, responsible for the installation, maintenance, support of their IT systems and providing end-user technical assistance and troubleshooting, specifically to the Cape Town office. This exciting new role is in line with the continued growth of the company and will suit someone who is looking for a role that is both challenging and rewarding.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Responsibilities include daily management of the SA IT function, specifically, responding to and resolving incoming helpdesk tickets, and basic IT knowledge transfer to users.
- Technical Support
- System support
- Help Desk Management
- Application support
- User Training and Education
- Hardware and Software Maintenance
- Documentation and Knowledge Management
- Collaboration and Communication
Skills and Experience:
- You will have relevant experience working in a professional environment and be able to demonstrate strong communication skills.
- 1st level IT support experience – 1 to 2 years preferable.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills with an ability to assess each employees IT knowledge levels.
- Strong team player able to work effectively with diverse client groups, with ability to problem solve individually and in a group, as well as handling multiple tasks concurrently, the ability to manage your time effectively.
- Experience with past and present Microsoft Windows PC and Server configurations deployed in a networked environment including On Prem and Cloud.
- Good accurate record keeping.