Our Client, a leading Fund Administrator is seeking to employ a Performance Fee Analyst.
The role of the Performance Fee Analyst will be expected to create, maintain and review fee calculators within the Fund Accounting division that is responsible for all South African priced funds including Unit Trusts, Priced Pooled, Priced Segregated as well as South African Hedge Funds in terms of business processes and applications. The individual will be required to assist with issues coming out of the operations, relating to fees. This individual will also be required to be responsible for projects aimed at improving the processes within Fund Accounting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design Performance Fee calculators in line with IMA/Tech templates;
• Ongoing maintenance relating to methodology changes;
• Review of fees before and after the final NAV;
• Improve Fund Accounting’s daily and monthly fee processes and update process documents accordingly;
• Provide ongoing training and guidance to Fund Accountants to ensure understanding of the fee calculators and the respective methodologies;
• Management of fee related project delivery including end to end testing and implementation within Fund Accounting;
• Participate and lead training applicable for the teams;
• Provide solutions for complex client requirements including client engagement, investigation and testing;
• Assist with the NAV re-price process as and when required including the calculation of the BPS impact analysis.
• An accounting qualification (minimum B.Com or equivalent) together with either 5 years Fund Accounting experience;
• 5 years plus Fund Accounting experience in asset management portfolio administration and pricing;
• CFA qualifications or actuarial science degrees are preferred but not compulsory.