Reports to the Director and CIO
• 8 -10 years of proven portfolio management and share analysis experience with client base/referral network an advantage
• Extensive knowledge of investment products with direct experience in developing portfolio strategies and execution of investment strategies
• Experience in management of segregated share portfolios
• Experience in management of single and multi-manager CIS funds
• Experience regarding contributing to Investment Committees and input provided wrt decision making.
• Experience in presentation of investment strategy and performance to committees as well as clients
Honours degree in Financial Analysis and Portfolio Management or similar, CFA or CA(SA).
Profession registration (if applicable) Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Chartered Accountant CA(SA)
Computer Literacy MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Bloomberg or Factset or any other related industry packages
Personal profile and competencies
• Critical and strategic thinker
• Technically minded
• Able to lead a team with purpose and direction.
• Interest in fintech
• Client centric
• High emotional intelligence
• Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
• Multi-tasking ability
• Professional presentation skills
• Adept in public speaking and comfortable leading discussions to internal Wealth Managers regarding PCAM strategies and performance
Key responsibilities (not an exhaustive list)
• Structuring and management of segregated portfolios
• Research companies and produce reports.
• Structuring and management of multi manager CIS funds
• Structuring and management of single manager CIS fund(s)
• Perform investment research with regard to developments within markets.
• Regular presentation to Wealth Managers and clients on performance positioning, key events, and changes – either via articles, group presentations or individual meetings.
• Marketing and positioning of segregated and CIS solutions to build client base directly.
• Develop portfolio strategy and execution thereof.
• Member of investment committee and provide input with regard to decision making.
• PR communication including contribution to newsletters, articles, interviews and panel discussions where necessary.
• Management of the team including 2 direct reports and 3 indirect reports.