We are looking for a candidate for a permanent position, as a Private Client BDM, in Cape Town or Johannesburg, for a boutique asset management company.
Basic Salary + Bonus
Your main purpose will be focused on driving net inflows into the company’s products from private client investors
Responsibilities: Ongoing interaction with Individuals, (these will mainly be high-net-worth individuals who are existing clients, plus the broader network of their employees, plus existing contacts of the applicant, plus new leads generated through their marketing efforts). The primary focus will be driving net flows into the company’s funds, plus ongoing servicing of these new clients, plus their existing private client base. In many cases, this will be done in conjunction with another member of the team who holds the existing relationship. This is achieved via physical meetings with the individuals where they are appraised of the company’s product suite and encouraged to invest in the appropriate product. It is envisaged that there would be c. 15 meetings per week with targeted IFAs. The applicant will be registered to provide advice, and must have a basic knowledge of taxation, exchange control, and related HNWI structuring, and of course investments, to enable meaningful conversations with HNWI or even UHNWI. The applicant will take primary responsibility for the company’s overall private client strategy and process, and will report into the company’s existing head of business development for South Africa.
Other responsibilities include:
- Promotion of the company’s brand and the other partner funds to advisors and LISPs,
- Maintain ongoing relationships with individuals, take responsibility for all account opening and application process interfacing with service providers (such as Prescient) to ensure a pleasant account opening experience,
- Provide regular feedback and reporting to clients on their investments,
- Monitoring of fund flows with the use of Coruscate (or similar),
- Maintaining a level of technical knowledge of the company’s funds and business,
A professional self-starter with a passion for financial markets who works well within a high-performance team. The ideal candidate is most likely already a BDM professional with 10+ years of research and/or financial sales related experience, preferably in asset management. A demonstrable track record of investment acumen, work ethic and success is key. Knowledge and insights gained from industry research and analysis of portfolios would be a valuable additional skill. The applicant may already be employed by a bank, servicing individual clients, or may be an existing IFA with a book of clients that could be targeted for investments
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of BCom graduate or similar qualification with numerate skills
- Professional Qualification preferable (eg CFA, CAIA, CA)
- Excellent capital markets general knowledge
- High level knowledge of relevant taxation, excon and related HNWI structuring
- Relevant demonstrable experience required.