Our client has a vacancy for a Senior Accountant:
The responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- The Senior Accountant plans, organizes and directs the activities of the Cape Town office accounting and financial reporting functions in support of overall company strategies and objectives, as established by the executive team.
- Preparation of the month-end activities and preparation of Financial statements.
- Preparation of monthly reporting package to the Global Finance team including balance sheet account reconciliations and flux analysis.
- Work closely with global Finance team within the group of companies.
- Analyze and research any variances and use analytical skills to assess a variety of financial data to identify improvements and make recommendations
- Plan and conduct analysis of financial data, identify trends, provide assessment of existing and proposed financial plans, propose changes to ensure organization achieves financial targets
- Manage all audits including the year-end review, any regulatory/tax audits and local statutory audit of the financial statements.
- Preparation and filing of Payroll reports
- Preparation and filing of regulatory requirements (i.e. Seller of Travel, business licences, etc.).
- Preparation, monitoring and filing of Tax compliance program (including payroll, VAT and income tax).
- Ensuring quality control over financial transactions & financial reporting.
- ACCA designation and/or Masters Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting
- 3+ years experience in a corporate accounting environment with solid technical accounting knowledge
- “Big Four” or national accounting firm audit experience is an asset
- Strong experience in both the private and public accounting sectors is preferred
- Experience with small/ mid- size entrepreneurial environment with high growth
- Good GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with advanced proficiency in Excel including macros, pivot tables, vlookups
- Able to analyze, organize, summarize and articulate complex legal and financial information
- Able to read and interpret agreements, then implement the relevant provisions of these agreements
- Understanding, yet persuasive and decisive when dealing with others in the organization
- Responsive team player with ability to quickly prioritize among numerous pressing tasks
- Task and goal oriented and capable of functioning in an entrepreneurial and corporate setting