A specialist South African-based investment management firm is looking for a Senior Manager: Investment Operations to join their team.
Role Description (In conjunction with the Management Team):
- Developing the firm’s annual operating plan and budget which reflects the strategic plan and priorities approved annually by the firm’s board.
- Oversee the liaison with all regulatory authorities and organizations on all matters relating to the Company.
- Contribute to the development of the Company’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Development and application of appropriate tools to manage and predict cash flows, and to monitor projects.
- Ensure optimal efficiency of Operations, IT, HR and Facilities.
- Development, implementation and improvement of systems and processes for office management.
- Ensure organizational process efficiency and sustainability by improving operational processes.
- Reduce workload of the investment team by assisting where appropriate with investment administration matters.
- Translating resource requirements into operational and sustainability risk identification
- Act as additional Key Individual for FSCA purposes
- Ensure that regulatory compliance matters are resolved timeously and in a manner that does not expose the company to undue risk.
- Assist with corporate governance matters, including supporting the preparation of board materials, maintaining organisational records and minute books.
Qualifications/knowledge & experience
- MBA / B. Comm and / or a relevant post-graduate qualification and a demonstrable track record of excellence.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience functioning as part of an operational or investment middle office team in a financial services company.
- Must have a broad understanding and / or experience in:
Total Business Management
Organisational processes and systems (establish and design systems)
Business process improvement
Basic understanding of investment management