Our Client, a leading Fund Administrator is looking to employ a Senior Specialist in their Fund Services Division
The role of the Senior Specialist (TFS and Hedge) will be expected to assist the Fund Accounting division responsible for all South African priced funds including Unit Trusts, Priced Pooled, Priced Segregated as well as South African Hedge Funds in terms of business processes and applications. The individual will be required to assist with issues coming out of the operations, review of processes and improvement thereof. This individual will also be required to be responsible for projects aimed at improving the processes within Fund Accounting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Position will be expected to:
• Improve Fund Accounting’s daily and monthly processes and update process documents accordingly;
• Assist with bespoke processes and the standardisation of Fund Accounting processes to enable automation of processing volumes for all SA priced funds;
• Provide solutions for Fund Accounting’s corrective actions to be implemented across the teams;
• Be primary liaison with ICT regarding applications used by Fund Accounting and development requirements;
• Management of project delivery including end to end testing and implementation within Fund Accounting;
• Participate and lead training applicable for the team.
• Perform NAV finalization process
• Perform Manager or Team Leader oversight as and when required;
• Provide solutions for complex client requirements including client engagement, investigation and testing;
• Assist with the NAV re-price process as and when required including the calculation of the BPS impact analysis.
• An accounting qualification (minimum B.Com or equivalent) together with either 3 years Fund Accounting experience or 5 years plus Fund Accounting experience in asset management portfolio administration and pricing;
• Individual should have experience with the various fund types either locally or internationally;
• Managing a team;
• Basic investment product knowledge;
• Good understanding of Financial Markets, instruments and systems.