A vacancy has arisen for a Senior Systems Engineer to join the Information Technology Services team of our client. The key responsibility of the role will be to provide a level of excellence in managing and supporting the company’s Microsoft environments, both on-premise and in the cloud.
Preference will be given to appropriately qualified, previously disadvantaged candidates, in accordance with the company’s commitment to Employment Equity.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage Active Directory and all of its components (Group Policy, Site & Services, AD replication, AD schema, DNS, NTFS permissions, AD audit, DHCP)
- Full management of Microsoft exchange including integration with AD and Mimecast services for archiving.
- Manage all Microsoft servers
- Manage Azure environment
- Manage all SQL databases
- Perform and manage all Microsoft system installations and upgrades
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in managing backup solutions for all systems
- Assist in managing IIS based websites
- Assist IT manager to product MIS reporting.
- Assist with the training of junior team members
- Support the helpdesk when required
- Minimum 5 year experience in with Microsoft products
- Tertiary Degree or Diploma in Information Technology
- Microsoft certifications
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory, Azure and Exchange
- Good knowledge of all other Microsoft systems
- Good understanding of backup methodology
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Well-developed communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with limited supervision
- Ability to maintain service standards
- Ability to work accurately
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Action orientated
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to liaise with all levels of management in a professional manner