Our client, a fast growing and dynamic insurance brokerage in Bloubergstrand area, is looking to employ a suitable candidate in a Senior Underwriting position.
You will form part of all underwriting activities that include new business, renewals, endorsements, always putting client servicing first. You will provide support on underwriting projects and assist with conducting market research, analysis, assisting with underwriting alongside Head of Underwriting on special or complexed risk such as large-scale corporate businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will be responsible as the Senior Underwriter for the overseeing of the team’s activities. You shall direct the activities of junior and mid-level Underwriters whilst providing Head of Underwriting with relevant reporting and assistance where required.
Underwriting duties and Responsibilities include:
* Commercial and personal underwriting of new and existing business.
* Take appropriate action and minimize cancellations.
* General enquiries – cover, products, and processes.
* New business underwriting, renewals, endorsements and re-broke
* Request, obtain and assess quotes from insurers.
* Raise premiums.
* Processing and monitoring electronic filing.
* Cancellations and business retention.
* Raise invoices. * Request refunds.
* Meet productivity targets.
* Liaise with Product Managers regarding their portfolios.
* Perform comparisons and other relevant requirements, including the generating of client advice.
* Record to ensure insurance cover is always correct and adequate.
* Provide guidance to Claims on policy wordings with regards to claims queries etc.
* Post loss underwriting management.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
* Grade 12 or equivalent.
* RE5 essential.
* FAIS Fit and Proper – Full Qualification NQF4. Must not work under FAIS supervision.
* CPD points to be met and proof to be provided.
* Minimum 5 years’ commercial & personal underwriting experience essential.
* Previous experience in a Brokerage preferred.
* Flexi/Cardinal 360 experience is preferred.
* Rating knowledge on both Commercial & Personal is essential.
* A technical interview would be conducted. Package and Remuneration:
* Provident Fund. * Risk Benefits (Mortality and Income Protection).
* Remuneration: A market related salary package will be offered and discussed with successful candidates during their interviews.
This is full time permanent position based in Bloubergstrand, Cape Town.
Starting date: As soon as possible.